Coming soon

You mean Modal:Skulptles?

2 Likes

Sorry if I misunderstood but A4 soundpacks aren’t samples. You can modify them if you wish.

how stupid is this

No you’re correct they’re not samples. If I modified someone else’s work to sample I’d rather just start my own from scratch to develop the nuances of my sound (regarding synthesized drums only). I will use presets and patches for synthesis and tweak it any day, especially on my Digitone because I’m a novice at FM synthesis.

Simon,
Can you give some indication of how we would backup and load projects to this new device? Presumably we would want to avoid the problems that the DT had of getting completely filled up with projects. The manual makes no mention of Overbridge at this stage. Can you give some indication how Elektron is going to deal with this issue?

Well @Ess and all us crazy @Elektronauts it was a very fun thread to participate in, regardless.
I think the new machine looks fun as hell, good price, but I’m well catered for in the sampling department so I’ll most likely skip this one for now.

You can’t please all the people all of the time, but you can please some of the people some of the time.

Right, I’m off back to refreshing the namm2019 thread every few minutes :joy:

Edit: I’m such a melt, this should have been in the Machine:Sample thread :rofl:

5 Likes

On the Elektron site it says this can hold 96 projects, and has 64 MB sample memory.

The manual mentions SysEx and C6 for backup/restore. From my perspective that’s not really the best possible solution for an entry level box.

5 Likes

Yer fair enough. I tend to use them to understand how they were designed and then build them myself, but really helpful to have to knock out something fast.

The design language is quite a departure from the previous line, from the color to the materials to the GUI. It’s surprising, given the design achievement on the Digi line.

1 Like

I’m curious about the name choice (it seems odd to me) and wonder what alternatives were… could have easily gone with MicroTakt/Tone etc

1 Like

It looks like a great device for a more entry level segment, maybe Elektron will add some extra features to the DT to improve its market segmentation :thinking:

This is so cooooollll, if I ever need a cheap but functional sequence there is now an option. I can totally be mooooore portable than before. This is sick. I have a digitakt though so I’m not in the market but still this is siiick

1 Like

Pros…

1. The demo tracks sound great. Nice and punchy and crisp.
  2. Love the battery power option!
  3. Interested to see the Model:Synth.
  4. If sales help fund creation of some more high-end Elektron machines, I’m all for it.

But… Cons…

1. The curves and colors are not doing it for me in any way. Feeling a huge design disappointment. Reminds of a Sledge synth or Electribe or a Zoom product.

aye its a bit of a misfire purely from an aesthetics point of view.
Simons track is a thing of beauty tho so it can no doubt sound amazing.

1 Like

For a beginning producer thats like 14 years old this thing could be nice product but for people that have a little studio with gear this is just not professional enough.

I never got this make cheap instruments stuff because i have a job but when you are a child that has only so much money you can buy a Volca and this thing and you can start your hobby.

I will keep waiting on a good update of the Octatrack.

3 Likes

It shoulda had the battery built-in imo. specially for nay-on 500 eurons.

5 Likes

I understand the unease and disapointment of some Digitakt owners. I myself feel like Digitakt is 80% complete and Digitone is like 95% complete. Digitone just needs a slide to be perfect and even right now it’s a heavenly synth. Digitakt is fine as a drum machine, but it really, really could use a few things, most notably a secondary BP filter and a timestretch. I however think the “I want a drum synth engine in it”-tier wishlisting is kinda unreasonable.

Elektron has historicaly supported their products way beyond the norm, but there is a wisdom in business that says that past performance is no indicator of future performance. Elektron has changed as a Company.

I understand that releasing something that can be seen as a cut down version of Digitakt can understandably cause some unease in people. I think some of the hate towards M:S in this thread has been excessive, but we gotta face it, Digitakt had a really bad launch which left a strong negative impression in people, and the delay with Overbridge didn’t exactly help with the situation. I can’t really condemn people who feel like Digitakt is incomplete and being abandoned. Impressions matter.

Supporting existing products doesn’t necessarily bring any extra money, to the contrary, as development costs money and updates won’t turn into extra sold units.

5 Likes

The outraged people in this thread need to move on with their lives. You either buy it or you don’t. There will be more products, and more updates, and the existence of the M:S has literally no implicit bearing on the existence of the DT. Do something else with your time.

This box seems great for those who don’t need the intensive sample mangling of the DT. The price is probably partly due to Elektron’s build quality. Assuming it’s an aluminum chassis like the other machines, good luck finding an affordable groovebox this physically robust from Korg or almost any other manufacturer.

Personally I’m pretty excited to grab one, mostly as a sequencer for my gear/Ableton (Elektron sequencing at its lowest price ever) with the nifty addition of sample-based groovebox features. Will be pretty solid for live sets. Reluctantly sold my DT cause I couldn’t afford it, now my problem seems to be solved.

4 Likes

Whoops. LUlz is the correct spelling.

Idk. Maybe they’ve been bubbled up this whole time and havent taken notice of the world outside it. It’s just a conversation so far.