:elot: Comb Comp Contest!

That is really cool!

Thank you very much. The arrangement is very poor and the overall piece needs a lot of polish. I like the sounds, maybe i’ll try to do a better track from it.

1 Like

Really like the groove - great job!

HOW?!!! :aw:

Seriously, after the contest - could you enlighten us a bit more about the details of this specific example? Without having to kill us afterwards?

1 Like

:thup:

4 Likes

mega lol :joy:

Thank you.

He thats cheating with that MD on top :wink:

@River Nice ‘exercises’!!

2 Likes

Thanks! I pulled them down as I decided they were crap in the end.
Sampling nought but the OT’s own internal noise is a great idea, and using comb filters to shape that noise into tones and textures is brilliant. Without reverb and delay it is quite an arid wasteland in my opinion. Not sure I would use the method to make a whole piece, but as a sound design tool, that one is definitley in my ‘to noodle’ list.

I was thinking you could even get rid of sampling and just use THRU machines with comb filters, but I already posted that video with the idea of doing a tutorial but Nedrush beat me to it …

1 Like

Other territories…

Midi keyboard control of 6 comb filters.
2nd version, still unsatisfying…

5 Likes

Ok, finaly my take. Not at all a finished track, but hey, lots of fun in the process:

• No samples only thrus and rec trigs
  • Sometimes combfilter before, sometimes after the compressor
  • Lots of ONE shot LFO’s :wink:
8 Likes

Nice percussive / electric bass / plucked strings sounds!

Thanks, i was surprised that was possible. LFO’s to Rate or Pitch or Combfilter did those tricks.

2 Likes

You can’t in Lfo Setup page, but you can in Lfo page.

4 Likes

Delightful!

Thanks!

Yes, we can :sunny: !

1 Like

A distinct gameboy/nintendo vibe happening there.

1 Like

Last one. Fed up with noise and combs, this one was buggy as hell with midi loopback, sound becoming reduced like bit reduction. Really weird, out of control. So I gave up to try to improve it, here it is.

6 Likes

Nice :wink:

1 Like