:elot: Comb Comp Contest!

I quit :face_with_thermometer:

2 Likes

Got me beat! I was too intimidated to even try :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to try again tomorrow. My mind is blown right now. I have a lot to learn. Also I should never need another piece of equipment again :joy:

4 Likes

Oh man! This is both true and idealistic for me :smiley:

2 Likes

Please make your versions! If you need some advices, tricksā€¦

I used midi loopback and a midi processor to convert midi notes to comp pitch control change, so thatā€™s not fair, letā€™s say it doesnā€™t count. This took me 1 hour :tongue:, but I already experimented a lot those things before, many hours, days, months, years, (life? :thinking:)ā€¦and my midi processor settings were already done.

A midi processor maybe? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

good suggestion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to clearify the rules. Iā€™m allowed to:

• record the inputs (no audio comming in)
  • use the SRC, AMP, LFO parameters
  • use the Comp Filter and Compressor
  • Fade In/Out and Normalize

and nothing else? Is this right?

2 Likes

Recording the inputs has to be live, as far as I understand.

Resampling is alright.

1 Like

Ok then I cheated :slight_smile:

1 Like

If itā€™s not cheating, then the project just got easier for me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Letā€™s wait what the chief instructor has to say about this case

1 Like

The first entry says

So i assume that iā€™m allowed to record the inputs (of course without any external sound source connected) and normalize the record. Itā€™s not allowed to manipulate the record further, except fade in/out. While sequencing, iā€™m allowed to use SRC, AMP, LFO parameters and the Comp Filter and Compressor for effects, nothing more. Hope that is correct. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think so :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoa! Sweet!

I mustā€™ve missed that!

Normalize is going to be SWEET! Also being able to fully utilize the Rate parameter!

I love how all these tracks have that special ā€˜familyā€™ sound going on. If there were an album to made of this Iā€™m sure the next guy wouldnā€™t know if it was made by different people or not. Exquisite stuff! Amazing.

No need to normalize with max gain compressor. But Iā€™m ok if you want to.
Iā€™ll use other tricks then!

1 Like

Come On! Here my try, nothing fancyā€¦No midi loop,nice sounds here and there, but difficult to get something with senseā€¦must to work more, things happens and Iā€™m not sure to know whyā€¦ :rofl: just two patterns, six tracks( one with neighbor and double Comb), one master trackā€¦

9 Likes

:thup: Heard it a bit on my smartphone, seems great!

1 Like

So much great stuff in this thread! Iā€™ve tried, but itā€™s not very creative. :grimacing:

Iā€™m not sure if i get the rules right. Iā€™ve recorded a bunch of noise from the inputs without any sources connected. No further editing of the record, itā€™s all parameter locks, comb filter and compressor, sequenced with the Octatrack arranger. :woozy_face:

Track deleted, sorry.

8 Likes

Yeap! Seems a really good old cool Nintendoesque groove! Same, listening here on smartphone without headphones, Iā€™ll listen your record decently later