Collider for the iPad

Thank you so much!

No problem :slight_smile: have you seen that the new lib also has docs for all 27 machine types and their params (in sound.h) ?
Your app looks nice, btw. Good luck !

3 Likes

It seems that the new OS sends out CC’s on knob changes, but won’t accept those CC’s…will submit a ticket

2 Likes

Thanks to @bsp and his work, I have everything working with OS 1.50

The Track Level Sliders on the Pattern View are replaced by Track Speeds and I added a new “Random Speeds” function. After this hot fix I will look at the drum algorithms and pattern generators and see what I can improve with this new addition.

From now on, I’m only going to support the latest OS so the next update will require 1.50

4 Likes

Update Out:

• Support for OS 1.50 Patterns
  • Added “Random Speed” function under Retrig & Tools
  • Added “Speed” option to the PTN GEN
  • Changed Track Levels in the Pattern View to Track Speeds
  • Added a new option to set the # Of Loaded Samples in a Project
  • When randomizing or p-locking the Sample #, the # Of Loaded Samples will be used
  • Fixed some crashes that could occur on iOS 9
  • As of now, OS 1.50 on the RYTM is required to use Collider!
9 Likes

Top man!

1 Like

Excellent work!!!

1 Like

You can thank @bsp for the updated libanalogrytm :pray:

1 Like

I don’t know what the libanogram thingy is - but THANKS! @bsp

Guessing it’s the coding for midi or something?

It decodes / encodes / parses the sysex from the RYTM so we can work with the values.

1 Like

Gotcha - thanks for the explanation :smiley:

Update Out:

• Added a new option “Can Create Empty Sequences”. Toggle this if you want more sparse Patterns!
  • Added “Reset Speeds” function to Retrig & Tools in the Pattern View
  • Added “Convert To !Fills” under TRC / Fills in the Pattern View
  • Improvements to “Electronic” Drum Patterns
  • Improved MFX Randomization
  • Fixed a bug with the # Loaded Samples Slider
9 Likes

All great additions. more musical and playable than ever!

2 Likes

Update Out:

• Added new Drum Pattern genre “Dub”
  • Added option “Kit Flavors Affect MFX”
  • Improved Pulse Kits
  • Improved 808 Kits
  • Improved Noise Kits
  • Improved MFX Randomization
  • Improved P-Lock creation when adding P-Locks to a Parameter using the “PL” toggle
  • Added “Levels Lock” toggle to the Mixer Page. When disabled, Track Levels won’t be locked on a Long-Press
  • Minor UI Changes
11 Likes

Another Update:

• Added new Sound Design function “Bias” (Track Levels will be set in decreasing values across Tracks)
  • New Kit Flavor “Hybrid”
  • Improved All Kit Flavors
  • Improvements to “Dub” Patterns
  • Bug fixes

Get your requests in now while I’m active on this project :nerd_face:

I want to do a Hip-Hop Pattern genre next…anyone have links to common / standard hip-hop patterns?

9 Likes

Update Out:

• Added “Hip-Hop” Pattern Genre
  • Added “+ Mixer” and “+ Mixer To Fills” to P-Locks function on the Pattern Page
  • Added ability to configure & load custom Mute / Solo Presets on the Song Performer Page
  • Minor UI Changes

Edit:

• Improved “Snap” & “808” Kit Flavors
  • Improved “Tighten” sound design function
  • Improved “Hip-Hop” Patterns
  • Improved “Cross Rhythms” Patterns
  • Minor UI changes
10 Likes

Does it work with MK2?

Yes, it just requires the new OS 1.50

2 Likes

I’m hoping someone can give me a bit of guidance on a particular workflow I’m trying to accomplish in getting scene and/or performance pads set up using Collider. What I ideally want to do is create randomized scenes and performance pads, then isolate ones that I don’t like and randomize the parameters on just those pads until I have a good “rough draft” that I can further tweak by hand.

I’ve figured out how to initially create the random scene/perf pads, but from there I’m having a hard time refining the results. I’d love to be able to keep some of the pads that I like and then roll the dice to create new random pads for the ones I don’t like. Is there a way to do this?

1 Like

There is a wrench icon that lets you select which Tracks / Pads / Pages are affected by the functions

1 Like