Collider for the iPad

Don’t own those so it would be too much work :[

Mekohler … if you made a version that worked with Analog Four would be wonderful, even if it were a separate version, would be willing to pay again. I think all these functions of Collider would make of Analog 4 a machine of a next level

1 Like

I would also welcome a new app for the A4 as well as the Octa

I think void has an open source Analog Keys Project on github :slight_smile:

The only way I would create something this big is if I owned the device, and I don’t own the A4 or Keys. I do own the Prophet 12, which is why I have a P12 app :wink:

1 Like

arrghhh! some idiot smashed my car window out and ran off with my iPad pro! (among other things)

This thread is tough to read now. Insurance will reimburse me… but for now i shall sulk in the shadows of this thread

If this reply is a reply to my reply (:grinning:), then I’ve got some ideas I could mock up in photoshop if you’d be open to the idea…

1 Like

Sure :]

Still waiting on Apple :frowning:

This is the final screen:

I added Aftertouch controls

7 Likes

Dude, vs. this amazing s#it yer doing, my idea is gonna be like falling off a log for you! :slight_smile:

This is looking great!!!

I’ve not seen any developer put this much effort into an app, I’ve paid once when it came out and felt like a thief with every update since!
Collider is truly something special and @mekohler is so generous, I’d imagine more cynical shady characters would have made the fantastic updates IAPs or worse, separate apps!

Truly appreciated :clap::heart:

2 Likes

Shame on electron software developers overbridge could be so much more.

2 Likes

Much harder to write code that deals with the low-level hardware and different OS’s :anguished:

Update is out:
New View Mode allows you to control Performance / Aftertouch with Physics
New Sound Design Function “Soft” - softens the amp envelope to prevent clicks
New Pattern Side Function “AM” - automatically fills empty pattern snapshots with a mutated version of the current pattern. This is useful when you want to create long chains of the same pattern to avoid repetitiveness.
New Pattern Function “Snaps -> Bank” - sends all snapshots to the current Pattern Bank
New Pattern Tool “Nudge Trigs Randomly”
Removed individual patterns from the Drum Patterns menu. They can still be accessed by choosing a Random Drum Pattern Genre.
Added ability to Save / Load Scenes and Performances
Added ability to affect MFX Parameters in Scenes / Performances
Changed Default Pattern CHNG value to 32
Bug fixes

If you are using the Physics screen, showing the Field lines will obviously drain the battery faster than not.

7 Likes

quick idea.

add a fade up / down value on the master filter , fx, drive.
that way , during any performance , you could let go and the filter slowly fades out.

potentially , some syncd to clock , otherwise just a fade down in ms/seconds or whatever.

2 Likes

Every release has some very useful upgrades to the software, please keep up the good work. I would love to see something like this for A4/AK - here’s hoping… :smiley:

1 Like

I was fiddling around a bit and found some strange behaviour - it sends out velocity P-Lock to all triggers which don’t have a velocity P-Lock already.
The easiest way to check this is to clear a pattern in Collider, draw some triggers and send the pattern to Rytm. When I check what I got in the hardware itself, it is always P-Lock with velocity 80.

I also noticed that sometimes it doesn’t send/receive the correct values for TRIG page. Did anyone else noticed something similar?

Default velocity is 80 in the app, so that’s by design. I could make that an option.

I haven’t experienced any incorrect TRIG values, but I will look into it.

1 Like

I think I figured out your issues with the TRIG page. The RYTM doesn’t send those parameters with a Kit Sysex Dump, it only sends MIDI CC if you change those parameters on the RYTM. So they won’t necessarily sync up if you hit Get Kit. There is nothing I can do about that, that’s all on Elektron’s end :[

3 Likes

I see. If there would be an option to turn off auto velocity PLock that would be great. I prefer to have full control of what is sending where.

That explains it. Just a thought - when Collider receives Sysex from Rytm would it be possible to have a checkbox to choose if you want the parameters from Rytm’s TRIG page to be updated in the app? Actually it would be an option to ignore updating the apps TRIG page, since this data arrives with Sysex anyway if I understand correctly. Personally, I would prefer to not have TRIG parameters updated at all on the app. Sometimes I like to lock them down and be done with it :slight_smile:

btw, amazing updates lately!

The Trig parameters CAN’T be updated with sysex (they are NOT in the sysex). The only way they are updated is if you manually move the dial on the RYTM which sends out CC messages. There is no way for me to automatically get those parameters or ask the RYTM to send them, it has to be done manually unfortunately.

In the next update, when you add a trig, it will take on the Velocity value of the Trig Page…Before it was always using 80.

You can ask Elektron to add that stuff to the sysex, there is space for it ;o

3 Likes