Coachella 2019

Freerotaion is the embodiment of an amzing small festival. My favoutie festival. http://www.freerotation.com

the last festival i went to was sonar , i dont think i’ll go again.
its a good festival , well run , clean venues with good sound , but despite being ‘open air’ it seems everyone smokes which does my head in . it just smells bad once the crowd grows… i start getting a little claustrophobic and no matter where i went to bounce/dance around , a train of people would wonder past and get in my way… i’m not a violent person but was very close to going mental at people when jon hopkins was on…
much of the audience seemed to want to just smoke and chat to each other /next to me , the music was just something they tried to shout over.

and then often good acts would be lined up at different stages at the same time.
then theres the food / drink / toilets to deal with… i start to feel like i’m paying to enter a venue so that they can rip me off for every euro possible.
it didnt bother me as much many years ago , but at the moment i cant be bothered anymore. i think i prefer smaller gigs , luckily a lot of bands play in london so i can often get tickets if i want to go…even though i had bought tickets to see plaid and the RPM festival a few times, and didn’t bother going.

2 Likes

This is a much more interesting and varied list. Do you need to camp for Primavera?

No, it’s a city festival so you need to book accommodation.

Ok anybody here going? Might actually go for this

As for me, hipster is not meant as an insult.
I mean, people called me “punk” back then and I was like “yeah man, you’re damn right”.

But when you call your typical hipster (c’mon, you all know which kind of person I mean) a ‘hipster’, they’re like “no no noooo, I’m not a hipster”.

I have no problem with these kind of people. I’m just wondering what these ppl stand for.

What people? Can you describe a hipster? Because in the past years it’s just become a catch-all expression for ‘someone I don’t like’

1 Like

Exactly. We see this time and again, and it isn’t even worth pretending that somehow we’d be different, basic good old fashioned human greed, we are all hypocrites, it is in our DNA and it drives survival. Cynical perhaps, but still true no matter how uncomfortable.

1 Like

Well, these kind of people…

1 Like

:rofl:

Yeah I don’t see anything in this video to warrant calling these people dickheads.

Is it cause they use synths for music that’s not the genre the videomakers like? Is it cause they get on guests lists? Is it cause they wear suspenders? I’m still confused…

EDIT: tbh i would call the people who made that video dickheads before i call their subjects dickheads. I mean producing a whole video and song to insult people who afaict did nothing but be who they want to be? What is that?

1 Like

Its called observational comedy, its not new or serious.

1 Like

Fuck those people for dressing kinda quirky and trying to squeeze out a living in the arts I guess

Edit: and for being queer

1 Like

12 posts were split to a new topic: Off-topic

You’re still confused? That’s not my problem then.

Oh, and everybody can make fun on anybody. It’s not forbidden. Why so serious?

As a good German comedian once said: everybody got the right to be discriminated.

That’s the thing. These kind of people aren’t subculture in any way.

But I realized that this place is getting quite unfunky and serious when you make some fun like this.

The hitten dog barks…

If i has to guess: whatever’s popular, like most people

Thank God I’m not like most people then.

Hardly anyone is

4 Likes

I’m not going to Coachella, I live in the UK. seeing AFX at a big festival like that would be ok, but I think there’s something lost when half the people there have little or no interest in who’s playing. I saw AFX at bangface in Cornwall in 2012. It was a small festival based around electronic music, so pretty much everyone there was into aphex. It was a very special thing to see.
I’m a bit old and jaded for big corporate festivals these days, I’ll leave it to the youth (except for bangface, which remains a yearly pilgrimage).

3 Likes