Cleaning dead insects from inside my OT :(

Yeah, we’re no help, you’ll have to file a bug report to support… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Picture Please ! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

10 Likes

Yes!
Keep my IPad backgrounds comming @sezare56!

1 Like

make sure you get them all, cos after they have been in an Elektron unit they mutate…

3 Likes

that’s built in obscolescence. Elektron placed spider babies in all OT’s so we all will buy the mk2 hardware update. :zonked:

this thread is perfect :rofl:

4 Likes

I think also while they’re in there you can’t sample(feed your OT) anything after midnight, to avoid early mutation… :rofl:

(@PeteRabb , Don’t tell anyone I’m being serious, but I think you just need to open up you OT and carefully take the spiders out anyway you can. I think I would use some sort of anti-static cloth and maybe a q-tip, but I wouldn’t go as far as alcohol, and compressed air can sometimes leave a residue. Don’t use a vaccum because it creates a lot of static. I’d be super careful about all of this, and only do it when you are ready and feel comfortable in your decision, in other words, don’t blame me if you break it! :wink: If it were me I’d also make sure to safely relocate them… :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Took me ages to catch and load all those tiny spiders into mine before I sold it. Having somebody clean them out again just wouldn’t be right.

Serious answer: can of deodorant and a lighter should do the trick.

2 Likes

Seriously ? With this ? (sorry, but you are very blue).

1 Like

Should be OK as long as its not an antiperspirant :grin:

2 Likes

I am currently experiencing the same bug issue. My just picked up my octatrack up after not using for a few months and I found about 15 - 20 little bugs runnning around in inside of the screen!!

2 Likes

Submerge it completely for 20 minutes in hot soapy water, does the trick for me. Spiders’ll float right to the top. I like to add a few drops of essential oils to leave a nice flowery scent when I tweak my cross fader. If it’s bad just leave it to soak overnight.

Seriously though how are people ending up with spiders in their screens?

2 Likes

Engineers lunching at their desks…

2 Likes

Maybe they are attracted to banging electro tunes??

It’s mental, it’s like a little army in there. I think they are breeding as well. Has anybody ever took the top off to clean inside?

I would use an external midi controler (let’s just skip the part on how to plug in the midi cable) and then brag about having the most badass rack for the OT on the whole internets.

1 Like

A spider died in my iMac screen last year… it is all I can look at!

Well… once a mouse made its nest in one of my monitors, using the bass-reflex event to sneak in. It apparently stayed there for a while, until it finally broke the electronics and got me aware of it. I play loud techno in the studio, how the hell this little critter stayed there ? Was it deaf ?

3 Likes

Cue the Deadmau5 origin story in 3… 2… 1…

1 Like

Guess you could say there was a mouse in the house

DeafMau5™