Cleaning dead insects from inside my OT :(

10 Likes

Yes!
Keep my IPad backgrounds comming @sezare56!

1 Like

make sure you get them all, cos after they have been in an Elektron unit they mutateā€¦

3 Likes

thatā€™s built in obscolescence. Elektron placed spider babies in all OTā€™s so we all will buy the mk2 hardware update. :zonked:

this thread is perfect :rofl:

4 Likes

I think also while theyā€™re in there you canā€™t sample(feed your OT) anything after midnight, to avoid early mutationā€¦ :rofl:

(@PeteRabb , Donā€™t tell anyone Iā€™m being serious, but I think you just need to open up you OT and carefully take the spiders out anyway you can. I think I would use some sort of anti-static cloth and maybe a q-tip, but I wouldnā€™t go as far as alcohol, and compressed air can sometimes leave a residue. Donā€™t use a vaccum because it creates a lot of static. Iā€™d be super careful about all of this, and only do it when you are ready and feel comfortable in your decision, in other words, donā€™t blame me if you break it! :wink: If it were me Iā€™d also make sure to safely relocate themā€¦ :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Took me ages to catch and load all those tiny spiders into mine before I sold it. Having somebody clean them out again just wouldnā€™t be right.

Serious answer: can of deodorant and a lighter should do the trick.

2 Likes

Seriously ? With this ? (sorry, but you are very blue).

1 Like

Should be OK as long as its not an antiperspirant :grin:

2 Likes

I am currently experiencing the same bug issue. My just picked up my octatrack up after not using for a few months and I found about 15 - 20 little bugs runnning around in inside of the screen!!

2 Likes

Submerge it completely for 20 minutes in hot soapy water, does the trick for me. Spidersā€™ll float right to the top. I like to add a few drops of essential oils to leave a nice flowery scent when I tweak my cross fader. If itā€™s bad just leave it to soak overnight.

Seriously though how are people ending up with spiders in their screens?

2 Likes

Engineers lunching at their desksā€¦

2 Likes

Maybe they are attracted to banging electro tunes??

Itā€™s mental, itā€™s like a little army in there. I think they are breeding as well. Has anybody ever took the top off to clean inside?

I would use an external midi controler (letā€™s just skip the part on how to plug in the midi cable) and then brag about having the most badass rack for the OT on the whole internets.

1 Like

A spider died in my iMac screen last yearā€¦ it is all I can look at!

Wellā€¦ once a mouse made its nest in one of my monitors, using the bass-reflex event to sneak in. It apparently stayed there for a while, until it finally broke the electronics and got me aware of it. I play loud techno in the studio, how the hell this little critter stayed there ? Was it deaf ?

3 Likes

Cue the Deadmau5 origin story in 3ā€¦ 2ā€¦ 1ā€¦

1 Like

Guess you could say there was a mouse in the house

DeafMau5ā„¢