Chicago Nauts Unite!

I work in Back of the Yards and am always in Pilsen. Pass that shop on the reg

Tonight at 9pm at Empty Bottle theyā€™re doing another one of those Various Distractions shows I mentioned a while back. The lineup is listed as:

Blake C.
MT. Z (Clear Records)
Max Buzone (Live set)

To be honest, I donā€™t know any of the artists and Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll be able to make it, but just wanted to spread the word in case anyone is interested in checking it out.

Edit: Forgot to mention, itā€™s free entry as well.

2 Likes

Keep ā€˜em coming! Iā€™m always on the lookout to see new shows.

Much appreciated!

1 Like

I just remembered. My phone instructor from City Colleges just did a show there last month.

1 Like

Sanctum also just announced a new event. The festival back in November was awesome so this one should be pretty cool too. No lineup yet, but Iā€™m keeping an eye on it.

1 Like

This is gonna be a good one.

5 Likes

Just bought the ticket.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Big up from River Forest - love that this thread is here and will try to connect once the opportunity arises!

3 Likes

Live electronics at Podlasie Club next Friday, hosted by Open Beats and Sooper Records.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CobNzsOr4c8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Wonā€™t be able to make it because Iā€™ll be in Portland seeing Lingua Ignota and Chat Pile, but wanted to share for anyone interested.

5 Likes

Iā€™m definitely interested. Keep them coming!

1 Like

That sounds sick! Iā€™ve got birthday plans that night already, but maybe I can drag some friends out after!

1 Like

Looks cool.

1 Like

Yeah, I got it saved in my calendar.

I hope everyone keeps posting small events like this. It helps the people involved.

I mainly just get emails about Primary or Blox Office and Golden Dagger.

Maybe if I show up at enough events and get on enough mailing lists, Iā€™ll be in the know.

1 Like

I found this night coming up at Podlasie Club on Friday. Havenā€™t been there yet but it starts fairly early and has live performances so Iā€™m curious. Iā€™m planning on going.

That day glow/night beams series is still going strong every couple of months too, I went with a friend to their last one at IBW on the northwest side and it was ridiculously packed. Itā€™s a little all over the place as far as genres, but I saw some synthwave and industrial sets.

Thereā€™s also a drone sleepover coming up this summer which might be fun.

4 Likes

Just saw Talib Kwali at City Winery!

It was so amazing (and too bougie for my tastes), but there was a whole interlude where his band just rocked house hits. Like 4 on the 4.

Crystal Waters!

4 Likes

Hot on the Heels is back!

Dannyā€™s Tavern (RIP) used to host this monthly night of free vintage-synth-and-drum-machine-focused music. Theyā€™re bringing it back at the California Clipper next Tuesday with two live sets. Definitely gonna check this one out.

3 Likes

Crazy to think this is the atmosphere for Talib Kwali!

I was a big fan many years ago but havenā€™t kept up with his stuff.

No judgement, sometimes you just gotta play and hoping the price was right.

*and (NYC living) not in the Windy City. Iā€™ve got family in crazy ass Racine and used to have family in Chicago. Was last there in 2018.

That wasnā€™t the atmosphere. It was the beginning of the show. People were still eating.

THIS was the atmosphere.

He literally had people dancing on their chairs.

1 Like

Much betterā€¦ I hated the idea of people eating and sitting like itā€™s a jazz show