Cheaper protective lids for DT, DN, AH and other Elektrons?

Any dusters in particular? This seems to make the most sense tbh

EDIT: Just ordered one! Why am I so excited about a duster…

3 Likes

I use a paintbrush to dust in the tiny spots, throw a sheet over everything if i’m gone for extended periods. I use desksavers when travelling, cheaper than repairing knobs!

The decksavers are ultimately worth the price. While a lot of people only use them as dust covers they offer a great deal of protection. I’ve had a painting fall off a wall and land on gear. Stuff with decksavers came out unscathed.
Also use them when packing up gear for shows. I use painters tape to secure the decksavers to the gear, wrap in T-shirt’s and stuff it in a bag. Plus having the decksavers protects my gear while others are performing.

Very much worth the price as more than dust covers. Not so much as just dust covers.

2 Likes

Merged thread with existing thread. Please search the forum before posting new topics.

3 Likes

This has always been my gear dusting tool of choice:

7 Likes

I get it when people lament the cost of decksaver covers, but as alluded to above, they are tough as hell AND provide great protection when transporting your gear as well. I have them for all 5 of my Elektron boxes, as I value them greatly.

Also, consider the investment in your gear - is an additional $50 really that ridiculous, considering an Octatrack is $1400 brand new (as an example)?

The covers for the Model boxes are particularly great IMO, as they almost clip onto the units.

With all this said, my SL MK3 keyboard and DJM-750 MK2 mixer are currently covered with a towel and a t-shirt, respectively :wink::joy:

2 Likes

My neighbors make porthole for boats, I made a wood mold for them.
It’s made of Plexiglas you melt in an oven.

I planned to make one dust cover this way.

1 Like

Well, the point is: your OT is worth more than all my gear combined. It’s a different story if you have 5 pieces of kit that are mostly around the 300 dollar mark. A decksaver for an OT is a no brainer for me, so I understand that fully.

This is sort of the end result. :point_down:t2: Still considering all options regarding dust prevention, but leaning towards a premium duster or brush :thinking:

4 Likes

if I bought decksavers and specific synth covers for everything in my studio, it’d take an extra 20 minutes to get everything uncovered and covered again. not to mention the extra space to store them while I’m playing.

it’s also tough to swallow buying one just for marginal help in transport. given their price, just spend a little more and get a hard case for the whole machine.

I’d say go decksavers with that setup. Having stuff hanging off the wall with equipment it looks like you may access from time to time, the protection provided by the decksavers will prevent damage from anything accidently dropping from above.

1 Like

If you find a way to bolt/glue/fix your equipments on a flat surface you could make a folding/floating desk. Something like this:
f400918be5427f82a295bd54ae8f9377

Wait this is great! Also for sporadic traveling I guess, a box like this, wrapped in some bubble wrap

unexpected bonus for me was the ability to stack things (temporarily of course!) on top of gear with decksavers on.

2 Likes

Late in replying but this is the bad boy I use and it’s fantastic. Picks up dust, doesn’t move knobs, extremely light and dust sticks to it nicely un-till tapped outside. https://www.glencroftcountrywear.co.uk/product/real-lambswool-dusters/?gclid=CjwKCAjwmrn5BRB2EiwAZgL9on5mX80w_7biQWhGkLxkL8Ker9JyBvvJ2V_UeWa0zzmhBX0rv55MtxoC_GAQAvD_BwE

4 Likes

Same :)) Nice laptop when loading samples to other gear and stuff

Oh man, I’ve printed and have hanging several of your holders. Thank you for sharing man.

1 Like

Don’t forget to ask in the marketplace if anyone is selling their desksavers. I’ve gotten quite few of them cheap by just going on boards and posting a wtb post. Not sure what happened to the gear they were covering/protecting. They really are invaluable little things, and I can’t recommend them enough. I use to be in the same boat thinking people we’re nuts to be paying that kind of money for these things, but then I got a DT that came with one, and my feelings towards them did a complete 180. I want one for all my gear. Never have to worry about busted/bent pots again.

3 Likes

My pleasure! thank you :+1:

1 Like

100€ for 2 Protectives Lid, it’s expensive ! for 66€ you find a good case
https://www.magma-bags.de/carry-lite-dj-case-l.html