Cheaper protective lids for DT, DN, AH and other Elektrons?

Thanks. It’s the Argentinian website and it seems to not be available on the European website. I wrote to them to find out if they have it.

1 Like

Hi,

We’ve been redecorating our house a bit, and I managed to conquer a corner/alcove of a room for my gear.

Now I was planning to buy hard plastic decksavers, but if I do that for my Models, Microfreak, mixing desk, Neutron and Blackbox (both not on the pic), I will be looking at 200-300 euro’s, which is insane for a pile of plastic covers.

So I am looking for alternatives. I really would like an aesthetic solution. I know some of you use old sheets or bath towels, but this corner is really in the center of our apartment. Also gonna pimp the space with some nice wooden shelfs, a cool lamp etc.

Any suggestions? Also read about people who just leave their gear uncovered and remove dust from time to time with a brush. I’m a bit hesitant because we have two cats who are real gearslutz. :smiley_cat:

Buy a quilt from a local artist!
Tie dye an old sheet or blanket

2 Likes

I would put a (wooden) frame over the gear and on that table with a transparant plastic cover mounted on top.

Update 1
Fix the power under the table, rise the mixer.

Update 2
Fix the angels for ergonomics.

Update 3
If you are going to play standing up. Get another desk. This will kill your neck/schoulders/wrists. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I use old tee shirts.

Ikea shower curtain, and a needle and thread to make it fit snug? You could silkscreen something nice over the top if you’re feeling it.

Decksavers are tough as nails, I guess is why they’re so pricey. I have 3 - for the OT, AH and OB-6, and they’re basically bulletproof polycarbonate. It’s nice to be able to see your gear, rather than have it covered up. But yes. 300 bucks for a lid is a fair chunk of change.

towels.

1 Like

…a serious dust cover is protecting ur gear not only from dust…

and u’ll need it ONLY if ur gear is travelling…then ur dust cover is called a deck saver and worth every penny…

if ur looking for nothing but a dust cover for ur home studio, any blanket will do fine…

If I have unused sockets I also use dummy plugs for additional dust protection.

Decksavers are hardcore. They would probably protect your gear if your house collapsed.

Surprised there isn’t competition yet though, but maybe the market is smaller than I think.

I use table felt protection on keyboards, the MPC and a few other things I don’t have Decksavers for. Well, I did. I took them off one day and never put them back on.

Thx for all the suggestions, so far!

I was thinking about making one big cover out of wood, but really got 2 left hands.

I’ll be sitting down most of the time. The table is actually a sidetable, so a bit higher than average. Still considering a couple of laptop stands or some cheap plastic ones from Ikea.

Are there Nauts here who just leave their gear uncovered and dust it off regularly?

3 Likes

Yup

3 Likes

good call, I have 6ish plastic ikea stands. There are some nice “ikea studio hacks” on the interwebs for clean 'n cheap solutions.

I personally use a mix of cotton clothes (pedals, midi controllers, semi modulars…) and the desksaver for Elektron.

1 Like

2 Likes

i was wondering why everything was dusty all the time, turns out wiping the floor and bigger surfaces once, or every two weeks, instead of just vacuuming helps a lot. :slight_smile:

edit: doesn’t help with the cats of course…

1 Like

The official ones are ridiculously overpriced in my opinion. I don’t have direct links right now but I see a few good people making their own deck savers for sale (at around half the regular price normally) over on Facebook. Have a look through some of the Elektron related groups on there for ones that’ll ship to your country :slight_smile:

I use a throw over my gear.

Buy a sewing machine for way less than the cost of the plastic covers. Buy a roll of fabric and/or vinyl fabric and make a cover that fits over the whole desk top w/gear.

Alternative:

Devise a trap that scares your cats away when they get near. Like a motion triggered air horn :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because they aren’t made by the millions, or by children in China.

2 Likes

just get a good duster and dust them daily - works for me

2 Likes