Chase Bliss Habit

saint-seiya-anime

2 Likes

Thank you @dokev and @brucegill for responses. Dokev’s explanation of the Mood was excellently written and helped me understand that pedal more than most other things I’ve read. Based on what you’ve both said, the Habit is still tempting but I’m hoping to test it out at a guitar store in the coming weeks.

As for the Octatrack, that’s good to know. I’d love to mess with one some day but I enjoy my other samplers a lot at the moment and I can’t add another to the mix and try to learn it right now. Plus if I’m honest with myself, it’s a tad intimidating :laughing:

2 Likes

thanks, just ended op ordering a habit anyway hahaha

2 Likes

Mine showed up yesterday. It’s on the studio guitar pedalboard for now. The board is midi sync’d to my A4.

8 Likes

Nice board. What do you reckon to the 29 Pedals Euna? Was very temped to spring for one recently…

When I first bought the EUNA, I had the mindset that I would likely end up returning it, as I figured it was hype/snake oil. I ended up being thoroughly impressed. Now I have a EUNA/OAMP combo on both my studio, and live board.

1 Like

I have both.

Havent spent hardly any detailed time with Habit yet, but they seem totally different to be honest.

Mine’s in Germany now.

As long as it’s in Europe, it feels like it’s almost here.

1 Like

Somebody running iOS apps, cassette player, etc, through the Habit

5 Likes

I just found a secondary document on the Chase Bliss site with all of the midi documentation. I was curious to see what you could do to breakout the control set onto a foot controller and make it a little more controllable on a larger surface. It’s well-spec’d and it looks like there’s a lot of potential to control this remotely in interesting ways.

4 Likes

Did anyone else order theirs straight from CBA? I did and haven’t heard a peep from them about shipping :grimacing:

1 Like

When did you order? I think I saw on their instagram that all their direct stock was sold out but still available from some dealers.

~1PM CDT on March 30 – that was probably the next day after the release went up, so if I had to guess they’re probably just doing fulfillment for the assload of direct orders they got. Since they’re on a new website it’s easy to see how many people were ordering by then. I’m order # 699 in their new system! That’s a lot of habits sold in 24h!

Anyway, sorta sad to have to wait longer, but I was glad to pick up a shirt and some other merch and order direct from them :man_shrugging:

Edit: someone’s ears must have been burning – it literally just shipped like 10 min after I wrote this message. Reveal thyself, Chase Bliss employees of the forum! :rofl:

3 Likes

Same experience :slightly_smiling_face: mine arrives tomorrow tho. Them Blissers are good folks, probably just overwhelmed by their own awesomeness.

1 Like

I finally got to do a quick test of the Habit yesterday. I ran some patterns from the model:cycles through it. It can make some cool sounds, but can also turn into mush if you’re not careful. I definitely still don’t know what I’m doing. I’ll have to dive into the manual next time I play with it. It’s probably best suited for sparser source input, or at least some careful thought about what you put into it. I can say this, at least – I have finally utilized the DIP switches on a chase bliss pedal to desired effect. I guess that’s a small victory in itself.

1 Like

Habit was my first Chase Bliss product and aside from the pedal—which I love, they did a tremendous job with the rollout—plenty of stock and immediately available. Also, fantastic packaging with a well written, illustrated and printed manual.

1 Like

how you guys feeling about it not being stereo?

1 Like

It seems one sided.

9 Likes

Not really an issue for me. There’s so many ways to get to stereo or spatialize audio. Most of my favorite reverbs sum stereo inputs to mono anyway. I don’t see using Habit as an end of chain fx, so there would be other stereo elements in parallel or after Habit. Also planning on running some mid-side processing tests.

1 Like