Chase Bliss Generation Loss MKII

My first CB pedal was the gen loss 2 batch 1 … is this typical operating procedure for these guys?

I’m going to pretend this video never existed. wtf.

1 Like

As I understand it, batch 2 is exactly the same as 1. They are not changing the default build of the pedal, just offering an alternate firmware and optional hardware mod.

Mine arrives tomorrow from batch 2. I probably won’t opt for the hardware mod, but will seriously consider the firmware.

edit: I was really off on my thoughts. I am pleased to have both mods come standard on mine (tomorrow!).

Batch 2 includes both mods.

waiting for a batch 2 model, looks like nice update except flang-y thing that annoy me, make the sound a little more artificial.

Just watched the video explaining the mods Now I want both versions…the fuk. My GAS is outta control.

5 Likes

Haha yeah there is not clear winner that is for sure… would be nice if the firmware was a mode to switch back and forth between vs a full firmware install every time you want to switch.

4 Likes

Name checks out.

10 Likes

:laughing:

I may try to remember it if latency bothers me for the firmware update. I’ll wait until they make further revisions before considering sending it back for a mod … like adding a switch for the bass.

1 Like

IMO it’s easy enough to add a HP filter before hand if you still want that sound. Hell, lots of guitar pedals have a hp built it, just add another pedal and put it in its most transparent settings. Easier to remove it than to try and add it back in after it’s been filtered out. I’m torn on which firmware I want to use when it gets here though, the chorusing sounds fantastic in first batch units. Also need to hear more examples to see if it changes the sound of the wow and flutter modulation, it may be a bit richer having more base delay to work within.

2 Likes

Haha true! Unless the whole world will agree that the bass mod is superior. I will await more comparisons before i decide.

Don’t think this is possible

1 Like

Not entirely true, you will have the bass mod, and thats fixed, no turning back. The latency mod is changable as it is firmware. But, just be pleased and enjoy the pedal!

It is in theory. If you solder a three ways parallel switch to the 3 different places I think it would make the HP filter optional.

1 Like

I have to say I’m pretty pissed about this. I have a 1st batch pedal and the bass cut has been annoying me from the start, because it means I can’t run everything through it like I expected (I can of course, if I don’t mind losing the low end). But since Joel said early on that it would be fixed I didn’t worry about it too much… I never imagined it would require a hardware mod, and that now if I want it fixed I need to pay at least 40€ in insured shipping to them.
I feel like early supporters are getting fucked over, when everybody else will get the fix for free.
Of course sound is subjective and some people will prefer the original version, but I can’t understand how with so many useless dip switches on the back this was not included there.

Mine will certainly go on Reverb at some point, but I will wait a while to see what the prices for this version will be.

2 Likes

Firstly, I believe they said the shipping would be on them?
secondly, I’m sure there will be many people ‘wanting’ the first batch version, you could just trade?

1 Like

No, they only cover the return shipping, the owner has to pay for the shipping to their office.

I would gladly trade it for a 2nd batch version, but doing a online trade of a 500$ pedal with an unknown person is way too risky for me. That could only work if I was able to find a local Portuguese user interested in trading in person, but the chances of that happening are next to none.

2 Likes

well i’d say be patient, sure you will also be able to sell it if its such a dealbreaker for you (and perhaps purchase a new one)

I think throughout the years, the customer group was probably only guitarists at first, and is slowly shifting to synth players too. Hence the stereo input now on this new pedal. Guess they have to get used to the specific wishes of synth players. For guitarists, I’d say the ‘first batch’ version might sound better…

1 Like

Dont know why they say the Bass mod is irreversible.
Provided you dont cook the smc’s or can get new ones, it’s simply a matter of replacing them.

Definitely doing the Bass mod. Wouldn’t mind the Flange effect for a wet/dry mix too.

Yeah I know, that’s exactly what I will do.

I agree this whole thing is due to the fact that have been creating pedals with guitar players in mind, this is probably their first pedal that was designed and marketed to a more broader audience. Which makes it even more mind-boggling they didn’t test this properly before release…

anybody else here would like to see slow stop/fast re-start?