Chase Bliss Generation Loss MKII

order 4593 shipped today. Earlier than was expected. I am in the US.

2 Likes

EU 1004 still waiting here

Is this still batch 1 or already batch 2?

Batch 2 started shipping yesterday.

3 Likes

batch 2

1 Like

Great to hear that they are already starting to ship batch 2. I am in Germany, so I expect that mine will still take some time to arrive.

this is cool, that they listened to everyone

what is interesting/confusing though, is that essentially the first batch people will have a different pedal by default than the batch 2 (and onwards) owners If I read it correctly (the new mods will be the new default).

So me as an early owner has to decide if its worth sending the pedal back for the hardware/bass mod

5 Likes
3 Likes

now i’m a bit torn. don’t know what i prefer! (early batch owner here).
I like bass, and for drum machines it sounds better in the video, but also feel that the original one is more ‘lofi vibey’. Very interesting that all future owners will never be able to have the original less bassy version…perhaps good for resale value ;-)!

Anyone live in amsterdam and have a batch 2+ one coming up and want to compare in real life? I’m up for it!

It doesn’t feel like batch 2 is different from batch 1, unless I missed something.

The increased bass response is not reversible, and while it’s cool to have bass back, it’s a pity to loose this characterful HP filter for good. I’d prefer a switch, honestly.

But anyway, they came up with a solution, while in the meantime I came to love this pedal’s character…

1 Like

i believe i read that all the pedals that have not shipped yet will have the bass mod by default, and indeed not reversible… for now I’m happy with the original first batch version. I bought the pedal for the lofi vibe, not for saturation with full bass response

I can’t find this anywhere and the website states it’s optional.
I believe batch 2 is like batch 1.
CBA seem to be attached to the original sound, and I understand why ^^

check the comments under the youtube video, with official replies from CBA:

1 Like

isn’t it easy enough to add bass, after the signal… I’m inclined to leave it alone… risk ratio gains = no

1 Like

what i would like to see , is that with slow TAPE STOP, it is possible to START again quick (and not as slow as the TAPE STOP setting). This would help a lot to avoid cutting the first beat/kick/whatever when you let go TAPE STOP.
= independent STOP and START AGAIN time.

and i hope, that with future updates, i always can chose to NOT use the tighter delay times introduced with 1.1.0. I like mine as it is, with doubling and vibe and all. Others will be happy with the new firmware and mod though.

1 Like

Oh! So we batch 1 owners have limited edition gear then. Never gone make that hardware mod for sure!

5 Likes

I feel for them. After everything they did to try to break the boutique collectibility of this pedal, they’ve reluctantly given birth to a “first batch, pre-mod” market :-/

Regardless, this is bad ass customer support:

If you aren’t comfortable trying this, or if you try it and fail, we’ll take care of you. Just send us the pedal and we’ll either complete the mod or replace it, free of charge. We’ll take care of return shipping too.

7 Likes

Technically you can only boost the bass frequencies that are left. You can’t get the bass frequencies back that have been cut.

3 Likes

Yeah this is cool. Idk what I’ll do yet but I’m leaning towards getting the bass mod. It’s fantastic that they’re offering this.

The new firmware version is a non-starter considering how much I love the tape stop effect and my unorthodox beats. Unsure about low end hardware mod. I’ve been using true bypass and that’s been fine for retaining enough bass in the dry signal. I wouldn’t mind doing the bass mod to just the dsp bypass mode, but it looks like the mod increases the bass of all the tape models? Is that right? If that’s the case, I’m probably better off without the mod, which might make for more mud. I’m more ambient\experimental than trying to shake the walls with techno sets. For techno artists–both mods make a lot of sense.

3 Likes