Chase Bliss effects pedals

Most Eurorack modules have a 5 volt range…
and some have 10. Even If a module can only handel 5 volts it wont be damaged if it receives a higher voltage. I’m sure the same applies to CBA pedals in regards to how pricey they are

I use an expert sleepers es9 with the midi expander and then do CV to midi conversions in vcv to control my habit. There’s even a set of dedicated modules for controlling chase Bliss pedals, but you have to compile them yourself which is a bit of a pain

Chase bliss advise not to exceed the 0-5v octave range so just looking for peoples experiences and wins in this domain, that’s all.

Marbles has a very nice switchable CV range mode that will lock modulation to 0-5v. My Mood had some weirdness when I went to negative voltage, which we now know we shouldn’t do. lol.

1 Like

I would be very surprised if it went above 5V. But I know thats weak sauce compared to a busted pedal.

There are modules that interface with pedals well (I use ALM SBG). Boredbrain has a nifty device. Koma offers attenuator cables.

1 Like

I am trying to not (and by trying I mean just having no money :joy:) to not eurorack but the idea of a wee Pod with a Pachinko or Turing Machine (as would love for modulation but also for pitch sequencing other gear in future - love the M4L version) in it does call. Current low cost, non-modular wonderings (while Malekko won’t answer) have been Korg SQ-1, EHX 8-step, Old Blood Noise Ramper (though that really doesn’t add much beyond the on-board ramping).

ohhhh this attenuator cable might be my first stop thank you! Could set to minimum and increase voltage to test safely: would give me the S&H LFO from Manther that would get me towards where I want to go. Thanks!

1 Like

I actually just asked CB about this! I was wondering what the deal was with the Habit manual calling out “higher voltage could damage the pedal”, whereas in all the rest of their manuals I have, they say the range is 0–5V but nothing about damage. How dangerous is it? How careful do I have to be? Their response:

I believe it is pretty forgiving. Our lead tech, Zack W, has told me before the CV input could handle 10V probably, but safer to try and not push it if possible. That said, if you go over 5V by a couple, you should be fine.

2 Likes

A new one coming out tomorrow…? or at least announced? any predictions?

Automatone Delay is my prediction

2 Likes

They say it’s the most user-feedback based product yet, and that it is stereo. I wonder if it will be a Blooper MkII, or maybe a Blooper Automatone.

Of course, I would like to see the Mood also in stereo version.

3 Likes

A stereo Mood would make lots of sense to me.

I had two for a little while, but not worth the effort using as a stereo effect like that.

I had 2 because CBA found some of the LE Blackout Moods and offered them at discount, so I couldn’t refuse. I eventually traded the OG one and kept the Blackout.

3 Likes

What about a ChaseBliss eurorack module… the community has been begging for one especially after Strymon with Magneto and Starlab. Could be interesting…

Although anything in the automatone case would be interesting.

2 Likes

Eurorack would be cool, but In the email they actually refer to it as a “pedal” at one point.

“It’s our most customer-feedback-driven product we’ve ever released”

It’s a delay… could be eurorack. But my guess is that it’s Automatone.

They spent a huge amount of time doing the Automatone platform, it feels very underutilized tbh.

That would be awesome. And expensive haha.

Oh man, we should be able to crack this! I‘m just not that into Chase Bliss to know what everybody wants. Maybe a reboot of Tonal Recall in stereo? Basically reviving an out of production pedal with stereo. If they did that with one of the current one, people would be pissed. Well, maybe Thermae owners would still be pissed, so what do I know. A stereo Mood or Blooper also seems like a good bet.

1 Like

Please, a 1k€ pedal or anything Eurorack so that I’m not tempted. 🫣

I’ve felt really weak lately, pretty sure I’d have hard time to resist…

1 Like

As long as it’s not a stereo Blooper cos I was about to put my up for sale :sweat_smile:. I would buy a stereo Mood in a second; I’d buy a Eurorack Mood in a millisecond. I’m thinking the Blooper/Mood/Habit trinity is fairly stable though and expecting something divergent.

Wonder what it’ll be…

2 Likes