Chase Bliss Blooper

I really like this pedal, but I do wish it wasn’t such a shoe-gazer affair.

I mean, if you’re one to sit barefoot and cross-legged on the floor to play guitar, Othling-style, the Blooper is perfect. Not much you can do with your feet, from a standing position though. It’s sort of a hands-free-or-bust sort of thing…

Anyway, lovely textures here, as always, Circuit.

Cheers!

2 Likes

One advantage our ancient ancestors had over us was the dexterity to manipulate blooper with their bare toes

2 Likes

Haha… Gotta connect with my inner-ape. :monkey:

Cheers!

1 Like

I use a Ext floor button and Exp pedal with mine and have the blooper up at hand level

If I ever get a Blooper I’ll probably have it be MIDI controlled from the Zoia, which has all sorts of modules for MIDI processing onboard.

How much MIDI control can you have over the Blooper exactly?

Can you access every parameter via CCs, or just a select few?

Cheers!

It is pretty comprehensive - they have a midi manual on their site I think

Hmm… Theoretically, I could control it from my Helix then. Interesting…

Cheers!

Is it already released or just a preview?

Every knob and toggle switch on the pedal can be accessed via CCs and PGs. You just cannot access the dip switches on the back (top) of the pedal via midi. Which doesn’t matter because you can use a midi LFO instead.

2 Likes

It’s live.

1 Like

Thanks :pray: yeah, Chase Bliss stuff really is very much concepts that might make more sense in another hardware UI. They’re lovely, all the same :blush:

I have to admit, that my eyesight is not the best, and it got worse with the years… Sorry, i cant find the link on their Site. Could you Help me Out, and link me to it, please?

1 Like

Yep, no worries, it’s right here -
https://chasebliss.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/blooper.2.0.html

You gotta use Chrome to download and install it, as well as use the modifier manager that comes with it, and for sample transfer to your computah if you want to export your Blooper work.

2 Likes

Instructions are here

2 Likes

Getting sucked in a bit here. New to loopers, but some special sounds are coming from this one. I’m trying to figure out where the magic is. The stutter, ‘dropper’ etc aren’t grabbing me much in isolation. But some of the ways things end up getting layered up sound fantastic.

Sir - This was way more interesting and fantastic than I imagined. Thanks for sharing. I can see why you are so fond of Chase Bliss stuff - their gear (instruments?) really work for you. I was getting ready to (respectfully) pose a contrary experience to yours, but had to make sure I shared the love for how awesome this tune is.

For me, I’ve had an opposite experience with Chase Bliss stuff. I want to like their stuff, but haven’t really gelled with the couple pieces I’ve tried. That’s the beauty of things though, we all work differently – and that’s cool. Keep on creating with your setup!

As an aside, one thing that frustrates me about Chase Bliss are some of the sort of pretentious activities that they promote and take part in. For example, the recent “drop” of a batch of the “ayahuasca” pedal. I got their email newsletter (forgot I was still subscribed), checked the site and the pedals were all sold out. Checked reverb and other examples were posted for $1200! It’s a strange world we live in, where pedals can be hyped to the point where they sell for 2x or even 3x+. At any rate, these kinds of things leave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, even if the company has good intentions.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words on my music. I truly appreciate it, especially in this time and age.

It took me awhile to get into Chase Bliss territory and I’m not yet convinced on the Tonal Recall, though it’s getting to me, one recording at a time. I just can’t seem to find that very specific tone of delay elsewhere, even if there’s a lot of stuff I like with delays, this one doesn’t do. Maybe that’s why I’m keeping it.

But yes, Chase Bliss does engage a lot in these limited editions and first come, first get activities and considering how unique some of their stuff are, it’s slightly frustrating.

It’s funny how one gels with different things. Everybody loves Strymon. I don’t. I’ve certainly tried. Borrowed a Volante for weeks. A mate threw a Timeline after me. I tried the Deco over and over. They’re great. But I just didn’t like them. They just sound too good, however that can be a thing :smiley:

But anyway, thank you for listening to my music and saying such kind words. It’s so appreciated. Take care, friend.

2 Likes

Getting back to topic, Chase Bliss did a charity thing where all proceeds for a Blooper within a given period would be donated to a particular cause - a homeless shelter or something? I forgot. This was around the start of the pandemic, just after I lost my job. If I had an income to afford a Blooper, I would have totally ordered one at that time, knowing that all $500 or whatever would go that cause.

Thus my take on CBA is they’re not quite villains, and some people in the user community are downright nasty. I guess that’s true of most user communities - a fair number are kind and helpful, but there are a few rotten apples. Just because you missed out on a limited edition pedal doesn’t entitle you to send profanity-laden communications direct to Joel.

2 Likes

Many thanks!

1 Like