Challenge: anybody managed a half decent hoover?

hahaha clickbaited!!!

no seriously though, try as i might i cannot get there, my alpha is in the attic as we are planning a move so only a4 and OT to play with but i am gasping for some old school and don’t want to sue samples

the obvious settings don’t seem to bring it, the actual hoover settings dont either so…

anybody had success or tried and care to share or attempt?

3 Likes

:no_mouth:

i thought you would be up for this sezare , it is killing me :rofl:

maybe the envelope just won’t manage it, i cannot get close enough to satisfy myself

:wink: The problem is that I don’t understand what you’d want. Hoover ?
Btw I’d like to record my hoover and invert its phase so I can’t hear it if my wife use it when I’m not in the mood (never in the mood anyway).

5 Likes

It’s not difficult.

This will give you the ingredients. (Sawtooths, PWM, pitch mod)

2 Likes

Spend 10 min watching that video and you’ll get to something like this.

PS Overbridge helps for using the User ENV visually

4 Likes

7 Likes

better than i am getting, what env shape di you use on pitch mod ? i keep getting a bit of the wrong shape

yeah, thanks but not really close to a proper hoover - i have got way closer

Lots of different shapes work.

have a look:

WhatTheHooverA4-2patches.syx (830 Bytes)

1 Like

more of a dyson huh…

1 Like

you asked for half decent hoover.

I give you half decent hoover :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this seems better , i am using unison where i don’t want to, has balls though , god i wish my alpha was not away

Instead of unison, I’m using 2 saws, 1 is up an octave, both have -1 oct subs, both have a little PWM. That’s 4 OSCs. Add chorus for more.

But yea, hard part is envelope

3 Likes

actually what i asked has anybody had success and if they would care to share but yeah you got me hehe

:slightly_smiling_face:

i agree, also lfo has to be used, i know this as it is 127 on juno, chorus is max speed on juno too, needs noise in background, hp filter etc

so many different settings on a4, bit of a minefield, i will get there i think just wanted see if anyone had better

I’m reddit style, friend.

I only read the title, then go straight to entering my comment :wink:

1 Like

also trying not to overdo the osc count for obvious reasons, juno manges with 1 ok it has a spare shape and sub added but still one osc

maybe just trying to be too faithful, prob just go with full blown a4 monster hoover

KIRBY GEN 1 STYLE

look it up if you don’t know hahaha

I’m just gonna try to see if I can match Garf’s sound

never done redddit :laughing:

thx for the input anyway :call_me_hand: