Can't Get transfer 1.7 running on Mac

It installs okay, but crashes immediately on startup.

Tried again by rebooting my computer, deleting the entire Transfer.app, and installing again. Same result.

Mac is running Big Sur 11.7.10, mac is MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013).

The failing Transfer is 1.7, but if I go back to 1.5.0.14, that runs fine.

Can’t figure this out … from the release notes my mac and the OS it’s running should be okay. (EDIT: the Intel Core i7 is apparently a 64-bit processor, so that part of the pre-reqs is satisfied)

Any clues anyone ?

Got the same, I sent already a mail to support on Friday, no answer so far

1 Like

Thanks, if you can remember to post back here when you get an answer that would be much appreciated.

Could it have a similar fix to the Mac overbridge issue? I don’t use macs so not a lot of insight unfortunately.

1 Like

Thanks for linking that, but, after digging in, it appears that’s all related to an ‘extension’ thats related to overbridge only. Running the ‘systemextensionsctl list’ command in my case shows no extension.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if transfer would use a similar “extension” format (to overbridge) in it’s install, unfortunately I just don’t know enough about how Mac differentiates app or program types. With windows, one would assume the old driver wasn’t successfully replaced during the update and thus preventing a new one from running (or something close to that) since 1.5 still works for you. Good luck, sounds like a headache. At least the old version still works for now I guess.

Yeah, and TBH for my use case (M:S and M:C) I don’t think I need to upgrade. Might be different perhaps if I had an Analog Rytm, or if I wanted to upgrade from M:S to Digitakt.

You can still dowmload the 1.6.7 which was working for me though.
You can get it through the digitakt page for example.

My assumption, there are new OS arriving :smiley:

1 Like

where do you guys even see the 1.7 download?

my digitakt page still only shows 1.6.

edit: found it… under the support & downloads page for Transfer. It starts fine without crashing on my Macbook Air with M1 chip on latest version of Sonoma.

I wonder if they’ve uploaded a version that only runs on M1 (2,3) macs ?

@Protopia did you get an answer from support ?

working here on intel mac running macos 13

1 Like

Not yet

1 Like

They answered and apparently there is a new version online since yesterday. Haven’t tried yet but that could solve the issue.

Edit: Just tested, and that works for me.

1 Like