Can you create velocity ramps like on Cirklon?

Ive been trying to do this with slide but not getting anywhere.
Is there any way to hold down eg step one set velocity to 50 then set step 8 velocity 127 and quick have the values in between slope between the two values so you get a ramp of velocity between the two notes?

Velocity is applied at note on, rather than during held notes, so you wont be able to slide volume using velocity.

Perhaps you already have trigs in between the start and end point? In that case you’d need to set VEL manually for each one.

An alternative is to use a LFO contolling AMP LEV… Set the LFO to NOT trigger every trig using the toggle on the trig page. Then p-lock all the required params for the LFO onto the first trig of your phrase.

2 Likes

That’s a no then. No problem.

1 Like

Oh, there’s also the retrigs settings. That might do what you want! I don’t ise it mich so I’ can’t suggest how to set it up without re-reading the manual and playing with it.

if you have the option to use CV ins you can also create 4 macro modulations with it too, just something to consider

btw you can also use slow single cycle waveforms and route individual outs to CV ins and change them from CV to Expression, this also can be used as modulation

2 Likes

I wish the Elektron boxes had a way to interpolate parameters between two steps, like trackers do (at least Renoise). This is quite a useful feature.

you mean slides?

Not really. In Renoise, you set a value for velocity, say, on one step and another value several steps away. Then you select all the steps between the first and last one and ask Renoise to interpolate the values between the two steps. Bang :slight_smile:

No. This is what I was hoping to do.

Set trig 1 velocity to 10. Hold down trig 1. Turn trig 10 velocity to 100.
Now step 1 velocity is 10, 2 is 20, 3 is 30 and so on.

Easy on Cirklon. And in trackers apparently.

1 Like

That’s it!

ah, yeah that sounds like a very nice feature indeed, don’t think any elektron box has it though…
I wonder if the Collider app has this…

I was hoping to do it while I have the Rytm away from my other gear without other kit/apps.
If I really need to do it I’ll just program it on the Cirklon then record the pattern on Rytm. I usually use the Cirklon to program everything.

I’ve been using the Rytm sat on the couch recently just building kits and stuff. Digging deeper than I’ve done before. I actually really love song mode. I’ve never really used it before.

Looks like the retrig options will do it. Use 1/16 timing, a Len that crosses the number of steps you want and a VEL setting. -ve values ramp out, +ve ramp in.

You need to set this as a p-lock on the first trig. You wont need to place the last trig. I think you hold the trig and press [UP] to open the menu.

I think they mean that it actually creates all the trigs in between the two steps, I actually love the retrigs for this and use it a lot, and imo that’s way more effective if you do it with conditions so you can create so much variation with even 8 steps…

don’t think it’s going to happen soon (or even ever) but it’s a worthy feature request for all elektrons imo, worth posting it over the feature requests threads, I sure see it as a huge improvement, you can quickly create a ramp of trigs and then slightly adjust them to have even more variation, very cool!

Could be implemented as a selectable trig condition. Parameters slide (until the next trig occurs with the same condition).