Can / should we expect some machines of our own?

I’d be really happy with either of these additions. Parameter slides would probably be more interesting than any “new” synthesis method thrown in there.

3 Likes

You will get a nice sound pack :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

Notch filter/eq, more waveforms for the harmonics, more algorithms & looping mod envelopes would be nice. But those are fairly pedestrian requests 🤷

2 Likes

Slide trigs might be all I want for the Digitone

13 Likes

Hopefully something basic that frees up lfos, like a pitch envelope.

Velocity settings for the arp would also be a nice addition. (More control over the arp in general)

5 Likes

Lately Bass-only machine.

15 Likes

When I first got into elektron devices (coming from modular) I was a bit surprised at the lack of dedicated modulation envelope and and inability to route modulation to multiple destinations.

1 Like

I have a DT and not a DN, but if they add a VA mode to the DN I’ll throw my credit card at the screen. That would make the Digitone soooo much desirable for many.

6 Likes

I think Machines would be great in addition to what’s already there, especially if they were focused on drums and percussion. That would be a nice halfway point between using presets and having to learn how to, say, make a hi-hat from scratch.

1 Like

It’d be quite cool to have polyphonic versions of any of Syntakt’s digital machines. SY Bits would probably be enough “VA” for me.

Those machines provide a nice bridge between preset tweaking and just randomizing the SYN pages until something sounds workable.

3 Likes

A digitakt engine for the DN would be cool :grin:

1 Like

Phase distortion algorithm, FM-adjacent synthesis structure would fit the DN like a glove.

12 Likes

Was I right to expect an update to Digitone, after seeing their machines update to Digitakt? More experienced Elektronauts might know.

A physical modelling machine would be :kiss: :ok_hand:

10 Likes

Machine that lets you control the levels of B1 and B2 independently so we can have full 4-op FM rather than 3.5-op FM would be nice

I wouldn’t mind if we could get custom algos (to keep it fm…)

like:

or like:

btw: if you’re into modular stuff, the quad operator fugging rooooock yeah baba yay!

I don’t think you should expect one. Look at when the digitakt got the 2 lfo update, there was no corresponding big feature update for the digitone. And when song mode came out the features were essentially in parity. I would be a little surprised if the digitone got a huge unique feature update like the digitakt just did.

1 Like

They could make the Digitone into a versatile synth with machines. a more in depth VA and Wavetable come to mind.

2 Likes

Fair enough!

You could certainly “assign” a machine to a track and lock in a number of voices much as you can right now, the question is what do they think is valuable to Digitone owners?

The reason I would suspect against Wavetable, is that this is closer to a sampler than an FM synth and I don’t know how much disc space Wavetables would take up (tho I appreciate some are very lightweight)

Also, if you were going to built a WT synth, why not release it as the Digiwave and give it some Digitakt/Syntakt like aspects? They’d make a lot more money that way.

Or are Wavetable synths too niche now? Do they sell too few? Is it worth a whole product launch? I don’t know.

Physical modeling however - I can see that working very well and sonically it would sit very nicely with the sounds existing Digitone owners like / use.

I’d be happy with a couple of User Algorithms. Let us chain together some nonsense.

I don’t need them though?

1 Like