Call a Wahmbulance

Not policing. Just venting about the trend.

1 Like

I was not here for the DT so you may have a point there. Was here for the Models, and while it was sort of similar, I feel like it’s off the charts with this release. Probably all the build up with the speculation working everyone up into a frenzy. The marketing person at Elektron deserves a raise, that’s for sure.

1 Like

3 Likes

5 Likes

This thread feels like meta griping.

Well done.

Edit:
If I were a mod, here is how I would handle threads like this.

Gripe thread - okay
Gripe thread about gripe thread - not okay
Gripe thread about the Gripe thread referencing the original Gripe thread - also not okay

And then I would alternate between deleting and keeping each level up from there.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Are gripe threads about you not being a mod ok?

2 Likes

Lol. I’ll allow it

1 Like

I don’t know best to start a thread and ask

3 Likes

Then call that Wahmbulance already man!!! :wink:

1 Like

7 Likes

Comment of the Year candidate, no doubt.

Sorry I don’t have time to make up memes from 2005, but you are complaining incessantly about a product you couldn’t even dream of producing on your own. Seems a bit silly to me.

2 Likes

Internet brand-centric forumbro culture is A problem. Elektron is less toxic than car culture at least.

I get random venting screeds in stressful times, but i wish new product announcements brought with them less GAS unpleasantness.

I need to just ignore those threads and have started muting, but yeah people going on and on about how they’re taking a product not being interesting to them personally and whatever existential crises it inspires, eh.

I mostly want to read about how people are using things they like.* I try not to dwell as much on stuff I don’t like and doesn’t appeal to me.

A lot of this is just people wanting to be seen/heard/validated and has little to do with Elektron (and certainly music.)

Eh, just a reminder to keep to the threads about using gear and stay away from the abstract or GASsy consumption ones :stuck_out_tongue:

*I also enjoy threads about things people don’t like, so long as it’s technical or interesting and less a dramatic profession of how they’ve been slighted, Christmas is ruined forever and they’re being oppressed/censored into wackyland. So it’s not that i hate negativity, it’s just handled so dull and shallowly online in general.

4 Likes

Was this meant for me? I’ll have you know my memes are from 2007 and I don’t remember doing any incesant complaining - I think it’s a great device but I’ve pondered how it sits in their lineup and what it might represent about the future (exciting!) and it’s definitely not for me - due to how it would work in my setup - but that’s not a complaint - I’ve shared in others excitement and posted videos of demos I’ve enjoyed - I was sceptical of the leak but enjoyed the rollercoaster ride to the launch, and a meme I created in one of the mega threads was quoted in a Music Radar article, that meme was fresh from 2013 thank you very much

Please don’t be so negative.

1 Like

Sorry that was said at least partially tongue in cheek, appreciate that doesn’t come across well on the internet. If it isn’t clear I’m just having fun in this thread x But also just let people be them. If you don’t like a thread, move on. If you’re at the point that you’re suggesting people should just be happy because nothing is ever perfect then you’re deep in fanboy territory and lollypop land. There’s such a lack of self-awareness in these posts complaining about people complaining that I’m starting to wonder if it’s an art piece. What you or anyone else likes in a thread is irrelivant - you’re not the protagonist of this story. Maybe those people like negative threads, and are sick of your constant positivity - who cares? And now you’ve got me complaining about people complaining about people complaining. It’s a right old mess.

4 Likes

I need to see more people upset that the logo and typeface for “syntakt” are smaller than on the DT and DN, and the screen is a different colour. Those are my favourite complaints.

5 Likes

I’ve felt like people have asked for a successor to the machine drum for years and also people have asked for a synth engine for the digitakt since it released and it seems like they did both here with the ST.

I get that ideally this would’ve just been some sort of OS update for the DN/DT but tbh I think all these devices will play well together.

I’ve actually just traded for another digitakt (my fourth one now) and preordered the ST with plans on using the dt for more textural percussion and the using the ST as a straight to the point groove box.

I’ve also owned a rytm and machine drum and the ST also seems like a marriage of both of those devices. Where the machine drum felt old lacking some of the modern sequencer capabilities that the newer devices have and the rytm felt overpriced (sold for an oberheim dx 🥲). I think the ST really covers some of the same ground as a lot of classic and modern elektron gear and I’m honestly very surprised by all the bitterness lol.

1 Like

/shudders

You’ve put it much more eloquently than I have. Much appreciated.