C6 Woes

I’ve been trying to use C6 on my PCs and the send function doesn’t do anything. Setup: I have the A4 midi in listening on USB.

I can send sysex to the C6, but the tool does not seem to send anything to the A4 on both of my PCs. (C6 also crashes quite often on both PCs and I sometimes have to restart the computer for the program to start up again).

I tried this on a mac and everything seemed to work just fine. Is there something I’m not doing correctly? I made sure in the ‘Configure’ screen the A4 is always selected.

Thanks

As a test set all the midi cababilities on… clock, send, notes… everything. set midi in and out to both midi and usb.

then try.

Before hitting SEND are you HIGHLIGHTING the items to be sent in the window? This has caused issues for people in the past. Maybe this is not your issues, but for other people coming here to get answers:

After dropping/loading your files to C6, you must highlight them before sending. This way, you could load 100+ sounds to the window, but select and send 1 at a time… or select all and send all.

Hey thanks, yea I have tried turning everything on under the midi section. Tried setting to midi+usb and usb only. And yea, I’m highlighting the files to be sent. The strange this is it works on my Mac, so not a show-stopper. Maybe the stars are just not aligned.

It is indeed strange. I’ve never had any issues with c6 and feel quite comfortable with big organizational task using it. There is a recent thread dealing with similar issues. Perhaps you could find an answer there:

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/update-os-tutorial/3871/32689

It’s an issue with Windows 7 and C6 interfacing with the USB from the Analog Four.

The trick to getting it to work is to plug the USB cable into the Analog Four, then turn on the Analog Four, then plug the other end of the USB into the computer. The Analog Four needs to be on before you plug into the computer for windows to recognize it.

Then launch the C6 program on Windows. Start the OS upgrade from the Analog Four. Select the sysex file from the send menu of C6, and send it. If it freezes you have to reboot the computer to clear the USB assignments. Then try again, just make sure the Analog four is already on, with it’s side of the USB cable plugged in before connecting it to the computer. Might take a couple of trys but it will work.

Ok wow, good to know. My PCs are Win7. Will try this out. Thanks!

C6 is like a piece of dog shit stuck Elektron’s shoe. They need to scrape it off and start fresh. It is 2014, and they are a tech company, after all.

I am also having great issues with C6.

Trying to back up any kind of data from the A4 to my mac mini (mavericks), macbook pro (10.6.8) or my girlfriends mini pc (running windows 7 i think) using C6 does not work.

I have tried using all the different usb ports on each computer, tried via midi cable via my audio interface, my maschine and another synth…

I can send sounds to the A4 from C6 - but nothing happens when I try to send data to C6. I just want to back up in case OS update clears my data.

Are there other programs that can do the job? The A4 is the first synth I have had a need to back up from so i’m a noob…

Will try the usb cable tip as i am not sure if i have done the plugging in the correct order - lol - why must these simple tasks be sooo hard sometimes?

hey folks! happy to see other users experiencing what i had to deal with …

to make a long story short …

rebooting and knowing how to add files to the C6 software will get you there …

also, setting up A4 does help :wink:

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/update-os-tutorial/3871/32689

couldnt have said it better!

Ok, doing the plugging routine worked for me on my macbook now.

I managed to upload a “whole project” sysex to C6.

The file info says something about broken kits and sounds, so I try again.

This time I get another filesize and the file info differs on the number of broken kits and sounds etc… I try 2 more times with the turbo setting turned off.
The transfer-speed stays the same though, and the resulting files are all different…?

Obviously there is something wrong happening during the transfer.
What am I doing wrong now?

For information, the project I am uploading is almost clean with only 6 patterns and 3 kits.

i am just so happy to have managed to send sounds to A4 … after endless swearing, rebooting, trying I would n o t dare to send things from A4 to my pc (and exoect a clean outcome)
i am sure there are users here who do not have problems… this is just my opinion… i am happy for those who work it good.
to all others : how bout we crowd fund or kick start something?

dunno, I could make a crossplatform librarian thing which works way better than this.
got that sysex jazz functioning very reliably & fast on Mac/iOS. SDS Sample Dumps too.

if a certain company would be willing to shift a few $$$ in my direction I’d do it. :slight_smile:

i had some sort of idea the other day, and posted it in the forum, i call it “the power of 50 emails” …
if we all send elektron the same email with the same request, maybe they would start something in behalf of us?
btw, are we 50 ?
is it an unreasonable idea?
aaaand as usual, it is my 2ct, if you / anybody - have a better idea, i am all ears :slight_smile:

:+1:
I will name my first born child ‘Void’ if this happens!

Start a Kickstarter - https://www.kickstarter.com/
I’d be happy to help finance something like that, seeing as C6 is such a piece of turd with the A4. :slight_smile:

:+1:
I will name my first born child ‘Void’ if this happens![/quote]
Why should someone have to finance this… Elektron needs to come up with a new Librarian plain and simple…

I’d be happy to help finance something like that, seeing as C6 is such a piece of turd with the A4. :slight_smile: [/quote]
THAT is one of the most asinine things to come-up with! JUST WHY would a company like Elektron whom obviously has more than enough cash-flow to bring-out all these new instruments and develop something very advanced technically like “Overbridge” need your juvenile solution of ‘kickstarter’???
It’s also a bit of an insult to Elektron in not simply being patient and contacting support in-masse instead…following proper chain of command.
I guess this is a direct representation of this mentality of entitlement and immediacy. Certainly not maturity!

I’d be happy to help finance something like that, seeing as C6 is such a piece of turd with the A4. :slight_smile: [/quote]
i back the kickstarter!