Update os Tutorial

T U T O R I A L

os update to version 1.1d

have c6 open, configure, choose analog4 midi - in my case midi even though i have it connected with usb

after c6 configure usually i have to reboot my pc because c6 crashes

reboot pc

turn on A4

open c6

in windows explorer open your folder with the file you like to install, and

DRAG DROP it into C6 (white big fat wide area)

in A4 press Function and Global (right hand side, next to transpose/lock)

navigate down to OS Upgrade, hit OKAY

in windows C6 your file that you want to send to A4 should be in the filename window

now press SEND and A4 should receive the file and install the new operating system, and reboot automatically.

dont turn anything on or off during the process. i had to reboot (old school) my pc seriously 3 times in order to get it to work.

C6 sucks, but hey, nobody is perfect

when turning A4 off and on (after everything is finished) the operating system can be seen on the display for a short while, right lower corner… in my case now 1.1D

c6 does NOT work for me if I open a file through the open menu and then send it to A4 …

c6 does NOT work for me after I have pressed the configure button and cloed that menue (hence the restarts)

good luck and may be protons and neutrons accompany your elektron ways

Trying to work out what you mean/may need help with… I think your saying the update did work in the end? But crashes a lot?
Must say its always worked ok for me but maybe that’s a mac/PC thing.

c6 is a very simple straight forward program. are you running the apps? which ones?

i only run c6 in win7 - 64bit … no other apps …

so I just tryied on a win7 64bit machine with the newest c6 and it worked fine. what does your config setting look like?

can you give me more details about your machine?

hi dimi

i got c6 version 1.4F

i am running win7, 64 bit

got external focusrite (2i4) hooked via USB

got the A4 attachted via USB

everytime I open and close the config window in C6 it crashes on me.

when closing the software, it remains in my task manager, where i cannot end the process … hence the reboots …

cant think of any other useful info regarding that matter dimi3

Try to disconnect all usb devices except A4. Try to run C6 in compatibility mode. Try to run C6 as administrator.

ALso I mentioned in another thread turn on all MIDI abilities on your A4

i tried the admin execute … no change. thanks for advice.
unplugging all usb deviced also is a good tip. will do this next time A4 needs some data sent to it.
thanks

thanks for your input dimi3
i think i remeber that i had to switch form usb+midi to pure usb … since i dont want to send data through midi, but only usb.
thanks for your tip!