C6 SysEx Manager not getting Catalina 64-bit update

I’m trying to use SysEx Librarian to send some Sysx patches to my Digitone but the Digitone isn’t showing up in the Destinations dropdown. Perhaps I need change some settings on the Digitone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I guess I should also say I’m trying via USB and I’ve tried changing the USB settings to “USB MIDI”.

Update

Not sure what changed but the Digitone is now showing up in the SysEx Librarian destinations dropdown. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hello, I need you to update the C6 and I can not load projects and I think it’s a shame that after the time that has passed since the launch of Catalina you have not updated it yet.

@luis87

As stated earlier.

4 Likes

Elektron has stated C6 will not be updated and have recommended using sysex librarian instead.

5 Likes

I tried Sysex librarian and gives me an error when I put the project file :frowning: I don’t know

the files I saved with c6 I cant send to my Digitakt with Sysex librarian :frowning: anyone ???

I know that seems related to this topic, but it really is far from what the initial post was about.

Perhaps you could search through the forums for help with your Digitakt, or create a post with your specific issue/errors?

SysEx is SysEx; so provide a bit more info. Where is the error occurring? In SysEx Librarian; or an error message form the Digitakt?

2 Likes

Please don’t suggest derailing my topic further. Let @luis87 make a separate post.

This post is already starting to decay… adding unnecessary noise hoping for troubleshooting help regarding an alternate software is really unhelpful.

Fair enough @luche. If @luis87 needs support / help then I guess they should create a new topic.

OSX: SysEx Librarian is what I would recommend.

For a cross-platform OSX/Windows solution; let’s see what the future holds :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have just seen the announcement for Transfer v1.2 in which it is stated

What about C6?
Any plans to release it in public domain so that other party can contribute and let it evolve?
I don’t know if the code contains any industrial secret…
But I still use C6 regularly, and I’m a bit afraid to see it disappear at some point :scream:

1 Like

There’s sysex librarian of course and tbh I imagine anyone could knock up a max standalone to drop a sysex into a usb destination and capture a dump etc too. But another neat thing to have as backup is a usb bootable version of Mojave, install some system admin apps and backup tools etc on a 32+GB drive and you have a get out of jail drive when you need it and some legacy support for Macs that play ball with it. Handy and quick enough.

I doubt it will go open source and I think it will also be possible to use older sysex C6 files with transfer, but it just won’t be supporting older legacy gear

There will always be MIDi options on any OS if you need them.

1 Like

In what way should it evolve?

My own need is just be able to keep running it on modern OS
:slight_smile:

There are workarounds, but if I have to boot a Virtual machine each time I need it it will become tedious.
Right now, C6 is the only reason I don’t upgrade my music Mac, tbh.

1 Like

I don’t think it necessarily needs to evolve… but maintenance updates would be hugely welcome.

That said, I can completely understand not wanting to put engineering time into legacy products (sad day for my Machinedrum, though… still nothing compares to it on the market, imo). I would absolutely love if it could be released as an open source project for the community to continue development. I do understand that this alone may be a challenge… but worth some time to invest for all of the users that depend on it.

Yes, I get there are alternatives like the open-source Sysex Librarian for Mac… but it’s not entirely tailored to Elektron kit in a way that C6 is, so I can understand community interest in wanting to keep this app alive with future OS releases. That said, if Elektron is dead set on sunsetting C6, and is not interested in sharing the source code… I think it makes a lot of sense to invest in 1-3 hours of time making for formal document around exactly what devices need to replace C6 functionality with alternative midi tools. Even a 1:1 doc for Sysex Librarian would be welcome here, so that anyone asking “how do i…” can simply be pointed to that information.

1 Like

What maintenance updates would be required?

I realize this ship has probably sailed, but it would be good gesture on Elektron’s part to take a developer or two to spend a day upgrading this app to 64 bit. Seems like a small effort to please loyal customers - C6 is archaic and clunky, but it works well and is more stable than other apps, including Transfer.

My two cents - having invested heavily in Elektron Kool Aid, I think I’ve paid for the right to rant. :slight_smile:

Any news?

There is no news to be had, elektron have stated they will not be updating C6.

1 Like

I mean, any news on the alternate solution? I just got catalina OS, and it is not so new, this operating system.