BUG: "Load whole dir" does not load whole dir

This happens to me on two folders in the factory presets. What happens:

• While choosing samples navigate to a folder (not a sample)
  • Long press on “Level / Data” and M:S offers me “Load whole dir ?”
  • I select “Yes” and it “responds” “Loaded 5 samples”
  • I check the 6 tracks and it has indeed loaded new samples in 5 tracks, HOWEVER, the folder contains 6 samples, so it has missed one.

This happens on

• Factory / Groove / BSBIN - Track 5 still has the previous sample
  • Factory / Groove / Soulful - Track 2 still has the previous sample.

Anyone else get the same thing ?

I tried it other day and it was saying there’s samples yet , don’t understand why

Same here - somebody at Elektron must have just messed up when it came to naming the files and/or programming the ‘load dir’ function. I tried to find the full filenames of the samples in these folders, but as you probably know, users don’t have access to the factory folder in Transfer.

I’ve also had this problem with custom kits - make sure you’re meticulous about the naming scheme. I’d suggest a script to append ‘_{number}’ to the end of your samples.

1 Like

You can sometimes see a longer file name, briefly, by holding down [TRACK] and then picking a different track. It doesn’t work if you pick the track you’re on, it has to be a new one, and the name shows briefly in the display.

I never considered the cut off track name in relation to the incomplete folder load … I must play with that.

@doonee63 I don’t think the cutoff file names are the whole reason for the problem (though it may be related). For example the folder factory/drums/chilled has some cut off filenames, but it loads the whole folder of 6 samples just fine. FWIW the names (with a | showing the cutoff point) are

BD FOCUS |1
SD RED 2
PC COSMIC| 3
HH CREAM |4
CP BLACK |5
PC CRUNCH| 6

Hey, sure enough… there are 2 samples with a suffix of 4 in BSBIN and two with a suffix of 1 in SOULFUL. There ya go!

2 Likes

Excellent spot !!