Black Lion Mod for Octatrack?

For those who care striving the best possible quality it would be interesting. But in that case i would take any company that offers claims to enhance anything not serious if they choose to provide sound demo’s with soundcloud as a platform. You might as well preach to put 2 Korg monotrol Delay’s as Studer end of the chain tape hiss emulation on your masterbus.

You need to run the OT through something analog to get it to sound warm and fat. That goes for anything really.

(Edited) Was about to troll, but I’m not going to. Seriously, wasn’t there even a pretty influential YouTube guy who went out and flat out said that OT DACs were shit, and he had a box to fix it? Now I’ll have to find that video …

The Stimming Master Slave. :upside_down_face:

Don’t forget them cables!

1 Like

Apologies to cgb for not staying on topic. No harm meant!

But the Stimming video, It was super cringe to watch - it almost feels like he knows he’s doing something evil in the video, rubbing his hands and all…

@cgb I just have to ask, are you of the personal opinion that the OT sounds flat? In the sense that you have connected to to a decent sound systems, loaded it up with good samples and listend to the music, and then thought — meh? I think the heat in this thread comes from your outright assumption that the OT sounds flt.

2 Likes

There’s a whole thread about it:

And I just linked to it from the most recent OT sound quality thread 3 days ago, before that got locked:

tl;dr here we go again

2 Likes

It seems incomprehensible to some people, that you can strive for good audio quality, AND strive to make good music. At the same time. And maybe that is ok?

1 Like

No idea what you’re on about.

If this is sarcasm, it’s not very good sarcasm.

Maybe just say what you think?

2 Likes

OK then, to address the OP’s question and stay on topic:

Nobody knows if black lion can do that. Why not ask them instead of starting yet another thread here that is going to stir up the same pot of shit again and end up locked?

3 Likes

Also, the same question was already asked recently in that locked thread:

I would never trust a company that only offers their own subjective rating as proof of the increase in audio quality.

If they provided proper measurement figures and charts then they would have some credibility. As is they are on the same level as audiophools who believe that buying a £200 IEC power cable will improve the sound of their hi-fi.

Yeah, but them SoundCloud track tho…

Soundcloud Pro sounds more betterer. More definition in the highs, and deep, resounding lows without any boominess.

1 Like

Imagine that through them high end converters what I know so much about and are definitely better than yours?

Phwoooar!

1 Like

Do you think if I pay them twice as much they’ll promise me that my modded gear sounds better than yours?

Impossible for it to sound better than mine, mine is bestest.

1 Like

takemymoney.jpg

2 Likes

I thought it is not necessary to talk about the elephant in the room = the number of threads about the OT sound quality are endless.

I think it is one of the most ingenious music machines ever invented, that’s why i had never understood the sound quality of it. So when i saw /heard the mods for the X i thought that may be interesting to some, but appearently it is not and/or some people just take this too personal.

by request