Black Lion Mod for Octatrack?

I wonder, if BLACK LION could mod the too flat sounding Octatrack.

The mods for the MPC are really remarkable

Interesting. Are you suggesting that there is an issue with the sound quality of the OT?

30 Likes

This shit is turning into some sort of fucking audiophile fucking forum…

26 Likes

Don’t tell me you can’t hear the difference between an .mp3 and a .wav/.aiff of Noise Music?

6 Likes

Probably.

Because in that case there would be an appreciable and, most importantly, measurable difference in quality.

But fuck all this audiophile debating shit.

If your tracks sound like shit, mix harder. Don’t just blame/spend a ton of money modding your gear, cos then your tracks will sound like some pristine grade, hi-fi, crisp and clean, nowhere to fucking hide shit. But still shit.

19 Likes

I just want to be sure that you didn’t take my post seriously? I hate this audiophile debate too.

I’m still trying to work the bugs out of the Dread Lion mods I just installed on mine…

7 Likes

I don’t take anything seriously.

Im just in a mood.

6 Likes

Well, I think you’re doing great

5 Likes

Nothing beats the well-intentioned advice of a true professional telling you exactly what to do and what not to do. That’s certainly how all great albums came about. Many thanks!

Probably best to ask them. Or Stimming.

4 Likes

I agree, but I would go a bit further.
If your tracks sound like shit, its because they are shit. No amount of mixing or fancy gear will fix it.

A banging track will sound good, even if its a crappy mix, on shitty equipment.

If you try and polish a turd, you just end up smearing shit all over the place.

4 Likes

1 Like

Black Lion Audio does good business, are you saying all their customers produce shit?

There’s a reason people are willing to pay for their products, maybe you don’t care about higher fidelity than you can hear, but there are a lot who apparently do value that.

yeah like gearslutz with high end converters topics jejejejeje

amen

For those who care striving the best possible quality it would be interesting. But in that case i would take any company that offers claims to enhance anything not serious if they choose to provide sound demo’s with soundcloud as a platform. You might as well preach to put 2 Korg monotrol Delay’s as Studer end of the chain tape hiss emulation on your masterbus.

You need to run the OT through something analog to get it to sound warm and fat. That goes for anything really.

(Edited) Was about to troll, but I’m not going to. Seriously, wasn’t there even a pretty influential YouTube guy who went out and flat out said that OT DACs were shit, and he had a box to fix it? Now I’ll have to find that video …

The Stimming Master Slave. :upside_down_face:

Don’t forget them cables!

1 Like

Apologies to cgb for not staying on topic. No harm meant!

But the Stimming video, It was super cringe to watch - it almost feels like he knows he’s doing something evil in the video, rubbing his hands and all…