Black Friday 2016

Same as two years ago, I just checked and I bought my OT on Nov 28th with 15% off.

Where did you get the 15% off on the OT? Was the discount only for OT or other boxes as well? Thanks.

Directly on Elektron, if my memory is good it was 15% off in every pieces of gears.

OK. I misread your post. I thought you meant this year.

40% off over at Twisted Tools.
Ultraloop ensemble and every Loop expansion for $99
Twisted Tools

3 Likes

Couldnā€™t resist the Roland TB-03 at $296.00 at perfectcircuitaudio.com

:yum:

https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?order=name&dir=asc&q=tb-03

I bought this :slight_smile:

Love the game and the soundtrack is great :

Yes and no. I have all NI synths working via Push 2 via AudioModder (google it!). So Komplete, Reaktor, MAssive, etc, etc are all browsable from Push and I can manipulate the sounds in much the same way as Maschine. Actually, I think it can control elements of Maschine too - I quite like the kits from MAschine and I have loaded it up via Push for the drum libraryā€¦

I suppose basically, Audiomodder is a collection of complex instrument racks with all the parameters mapped out for you. Itā€™s not as smooth as Maschine but pretty damn close in my opinion and I prefer Ableton as a work place/blank canvas to Maschine. Itā€™s not expensive though - sure it was Ā£20 or something but it has been a huge productivity improvement for me.

Ah, yeah have seen AudioModder before and wondered how decent it was.
I have a lot of the Maschine Expansions - find the kits great too and usually use them as placeholders or inspiration for starting a track then go in later and tweak the beats to how exactly I want them.

Seems the AudioModder plugins also pulls in the kits into Ableton Live - does it pull in all the patterns too?

Currently saving for a new laptop so when that eventually comes I think Iā€™ll grab the AudioModder plugins and get all setup up and working together nicely.

Were the AudioModder plugins difficult to get setup and working?

Is about how much it should cost all year round imho. Would definitely get one at that price if I could find it in Europe - currently waiting for them to come around on the second hand market here.

As I was advising @nui to get a MIO2 I noticed it was 63,10ā‚¬ at Bax-shop with the BF reduction (keyword is ā€œASAISIRā€)ā€¦
A pretty good deal for a 2 MIDI DIN + 10 USB MIDI hub while this tool is pretty convenient to avoid unplugging my main iCM4+ USB hub for jamming at e.g. @Abhothā€™s place :wink:
So I bought it.

ā€¦ And noticed there was some Facal Alpha 50 for 219ā‚¬.
Decided I now is the right time to stop mixing on my crappy 25+ yo mini Sony speakers.

2 Likes

So the mio2 will work by itself for OP>OT & vice versa? Looks like it has non-standard USB connections, guessing I could just use one of the USB cables from something like my looper pedals etc that has that kinda square/house shaped connection?

Damn !!
There is no standard USB connection, indeed !
Seems I had overlooked this little inconvenienceā€¦ Weird, as it is a standalone USB host, as far as I knowā€¦

=> cancelling

Ah man, thatā€™s a shame, I thought maybe it worked anyway with that connection, was about to order from bax in UK! glad I checked with you first :wink:

Does Audiomodder work with ensembles you build in Reaktor, or does it only recognize factory ensembles?

Yep, a shame iConnect didnā€™t get it right in this regard !
There is totally a need for a small USB powered USB MIDI host such as this one, with only a standard USB port available !!

:crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Pretty easy to set up. It basically adds a user library that push can search through. I donā€™t think it can pull the machine patterns though but have never tried. Iā€™m just happy loading up my machine kits and bashing away. Fairly certain it works with the expansionā€™s too.

1 Like

Not sure actually! I think it should do though. Trying to think of a reason why it wouldnā€™t and canā€™t come up with anything.

Iā€™m in the process of transferring over to a new laptop so will be some time before I can check but will look into it if I remember!

2 Likes

Please do! Iā€™ve looked at it before but I got the impression that it only had templates for NIā€™s ensembles. If I can build my own and have Audiomodder correctly pull the controls, itā€™s a no-brainer.

I totally agree. $350 feels too high for what it is. Which is I why I refused to buy until it dropped below $300. :grin:

If it lives up to expectations I might pick up another one down the road, used. Hopefully below $250-ish. Get my acid dub jam on.