Bitwig and OverBridge

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello,

Can someone tell me how to set up the individual audio tracks through the VST? I mean to receive each synth track from A4 (and the FX L/R) through separate audio tracks in Bitwig. I have enabled the outputs in the OB control panel but somehow I can only get the main out though the track with has the VST loaded.

In live you can create a new audio track and receive individual audio channels from the OB VST. Is this beta limitation?

Any help would be appreciated

HI Matt, did you find an answer to this? Struggling a little bit myself actually hmm

right click Mouse on the plugin, choose ā€œadd missing chainsā€ and there you go.

Iā€™m just now trying out Overbridge with Bitwig. Iā€™ve followed all the suggestions (which have been great) throughout the thread so far. After enabling ā€œAdd Missing Chainsā€ Iā€™m only getting audio from the track the plug-in is on. This is even after adding 4 audio tracks and trying to set each individual track to a corresponding ā€œPreā€ or ā€œPostā€. Is there a step Iā€™m missing? Iā€™m using OS X (Yosemite) with the latest versions of Bitwig and Overbridge.

Hi again,

Thanks for the tip goatofneptune. I get the additional audio chains, which can be sent to the individual channels but now I have run into the same problem as ewok_poacher. Audio goes only through the track with the plugin on it. The OB control center is setup to send separate audio.

Steele, ewok_poacher any luck with the setup?

I think there is some misreporting or misinterpreting of latency going on in my system. The AR Overbridge plugin is reporting 133ms latency to Bitwig, but recorded audio is very early with PDC turned on. If I turn PDC off the audio is late - presumably due to the actual latency.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I spent a bunch of time on this today and recording individual tracks works as long as youā€™ve enabled additional audio chains and also have the overbridge track armed for recording along with whatever tracks your actually trying to record.

Iā€™ve upgraded the OB to 1.10 (not beta)
and A4 to 1.23

Unfortunately Iā€™m still not able to get the individual audio tracks. I add missing chains, add new audio track, select Trk 1 L (3/4) (POST) as input, arm the track. The audio still comes through the track with the plugin as shown below

The track hosting the Overbridge plugin also has to be armed for record, along with the individual track you are actually trying to route the audio to.

What am I doing wrong?
No sound. Nada. Canā€™t see anything going on on the overbridge panel either.

Hereā€™s how to set it up.

To get audio from the A4/Keys / RYTM individually you need to do the following:

1 - Have the OB plug in on a Instrument track and enable ā€˜missing channelsā€™ as explained above.
2 - Create an Audio track and then add an Audio Receiver device onto the track
3 - Under source in the Audio Receiver select your Elektron gear (e.g.: Analog 4) then in the sub menu select ā€˜Analog Four Chainsā€™ and then in there select the Track you want (e.g.: Track 1)

That should then work. You can mute the VST channel so you donā€™t double pop sounds.

KY

2 Likes

Hmmmm, there is an easier way that means you donā€™t need 2 of every track.

Just create an Instrument Track and then add 2 devices, a Hardware Instrument device (set that up to the correct Elektron kit and midi channel) and then an Audio Receiver device as per the 3rd instruction above.

This means 1 track will do both midi and audio receiving. Iā€™m wondering if making it a Hybrid track will let you record either midi or audio depending on the input (this works for normal midi equipped gear which is very useful).

KY

1 Like

Thanks I was struggling to get the A4 talking to bitwig today. This will help. I will try it tomorrow.

No problem. It is a little tricky, but now that I understand it makes a lot of sense and provides some flexibility.

I am still learning Bitwig. Itā€™s cool, but is glitchy.

I would be interested in knowing where you find it glitchy. I am on the verge of getting ableton or bitwig. I am finding ableton interface more clunky to work with, would prefer to be in bitwig if i can make everything work as expected, particularly with overbridge.

Iā€™ve not used it enough yet to uncover some of the glitches I read about in forums, but midi has stopped working for me sometimes, and also overbridge can suddenly stop working. Iā€™m going to use it all day today (now that itā€™s set up) and can report back in later.

Bottom line however, everything is in sync (hardware, overbridge, software) and this is something I could never get working in Live.

Template here if someone need it :

3 Likes

Still cant get any sound.
I have spent three days trying to get sound from overbridge to ableton and bitwig. In ableton I get distorted, muffled sound using the asio4all driver. In bitwig i get no sound at all. Just about ready to give up on it.

Can you summarize specifications of hardware and software ? how you configured ? i mean plugin, daw configurations for buffer, soundcard, how you set it upā€¦ ? Do you reduce the amount of things plugged to testingā€¦ The first mistake people make is to plugged everything to testā€¦ rather to try one device bear in mind what to achieve at the end and progressively make the task harder.

If you put another instance of VST not overbridge do you have sound ? Normally before to spare audio when you put OB on instrument/midi track you have audioā€¦ (sync, latency all of that coming later in the process) I donā€™t see what Asio4all coming in the story. Just use your system-motherboard soundcard for now. Introduce PRO Soundcard later in the configuration process and plugged only your A4 or AR and try to get the Master output audio signal first. Put overbridge on inst/midi track and click play on A4 or ARā€¦ If no sound, put another VST on inst/midi track if no sound problem is not from overbridgeā€¦

2 Likes