Big Muff Pi Hardware Plug-in pedal

Stereo big muff fuzz, midi controllable, presets, and the to use it through USB as a plugin in a DAW. Also works as a 2-in/2-out interface.

The future of guitar pedals?

15 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes

Absolutely bizarre. I love it.

My personal fave fuzz and the one I’ve had on my board forever is the green russian big muff. It’s a ripper.

5 Likes

Nobody saw this coming. Cool.

4 Likes

I love this thing on drums. So gnarly sounding.

3 Likes

I’m very interested in how the technology works: latency, re amping options, etc.

Also I’d cool if the pedal could work in addition to anither audio interface without messing too much.

This is a good point. You’ll have to aggregate this with another interface if you want to hear the results.

That’s pretty slick! I’ve been looking for a stereo distortion unit too, and this is less than half the price of the Analog Heat – less features of course too, but looks great.

Serious questions for those with experience with this pedal -

Is the Big Muff fuzzy enough for my taste?

I like them very fuzzy.

1 Like

furry-muppet

It sounds like this.

17 Likes

Actually this pedal was leaked in january 2020, but I missed that and didn’t see it coming, too :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think I’m in ! Totally in search for a stereo distortion with midi control !

1 Like

Well damn, I’ll be buying that too. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Interesting development from EHX - take the Analog Heat concept, pare it back and apply it to a fuzz circuit. Stereo Big Muff hooked up to a usb interface. Also controllable via midi. A bit too pricey IMO but they’ve clearly invested some effort into the tech so it will be interesting to see what other FX circuits they apply this design to.

3 Likes

I’d be happy with just a stereo Muff that accepts line level. I don’t need the other features. Great concept though and I’d guess more to come.

2 Likes

The Big Muff is my all time favorite fuzz and I have had them all and built most of the various types as well. I’ll probably need to try this.

2 Likes

Agree, it was also my first pedal after getting back into electric. Love it!

2 Likes

Me too! My very first pedal was a '73 Ram’s Head that cost a whopping $100.

1 Like

Just for the stereo it worth the money I guess

1 Like

Yeah this was an instant buy for me. Filled my stereo dirt needs.
Black Russian Big Muff was the first pedal I owned, still use it on my bass board.

It’s like they made a stereo big muff and gave us an audio interface and “overbridge” plug in for free

My only issue is the name. I get where they are going but a hardware plug in just seems like a ploy to get a bunch of young people to buy a (slightly overpriced in my opinion) guitar pedal

2 Likes