Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 38 | Commodores - Wonderland (Long Version)

Thanks. Yeah I’ll probably not do anything else with them but maybe :slight_smile: The second one was trying out the new looper on the 404 so limited what I can do with that one!

1 Like

Yes everything is from the track.

1 Like

Nice.
And about Trackerland: Love how the drums turn out. Trackers have a certain sound that I like. Have only dabbled in Renoise.

1 Like

You guys are absolutely killing it with the beats, love the use of the vocals on these too.
I’ve not really felt like doing much lately, but you lot immediately made me want to make something :joy:

Nice sample selection @aarb420

5 Likes

Good sounding jam, enjoyed it.

1 Like

Yeah same on Trackerland.

The PT does have a certain sound. It’s quite crunchy and a bit 90s sounding.

I like it because it sounds like Amiga soundtracks.

2 Likes

Went away for the weekend, and I tried my best not to peek at anyone’s tracks so that it would be possible to listen at home properly :older_man: still listened :innocent:

@electricthing awesome vocal work man, and agree with @looms with the synths, your track blossoms into such a beautiful jam! :muscle: Thank you for sharing! :beers:

@looms man thank you for using the intro! That was the main sound that made this week’s challenge, you double blessed us with heavy hitting remixes, and idk what that effect is on the end of your second track but man I could live in that sound for a while haha :muscle: Thanks for sharing! :beers:

@Yabba Whatever it is that you recently experienced must have been necessary in order to create such a PHAT BEAT! THE RETURN OF THE MAC, I’m glad you’re back man, and I hope everything is okay :muscle: Also, thanks for using that intro, and a for sharing! :beers:

@everyone This has been such an exciting and fun sampling week, and I can’t thank you all enough for being as cool and supportive of each other as you are! It is always a treat to witness and be a part of the amazing community here, and it really makes these gatherings feel more connected! :cool: We also got to witness the returns of two giants this week! Thanks again, @everyone for hooking us up with an exquisite, fine-dining sampling experience, and as always I’m wishing you all a lovely rest of your weeks ahead!

Also, if you have the time, be sure to check out the fresh/current Hip-Hop Beat Battle #30: Outkast on Williams Street that is being hosted by @sleepside :eyes:

5 Likes

I keep wanting to join one of these and then don’t make it for one reason or another. Gotta get in some time this year!

4 Likes

@sleepside hey man there really isn’t a deadline/time limit, so feel welcome to hop in if you ever have the time to! It’s just that the links are only active for one week, so it becomes time sensitive in that aspect alone. The more flavors the better! :man_cook:

3 Likes

Big ups and thank you once again @aarb420 for being an awesome host and fostering this little sub community! Great sample (as always, and also thanks for sharing at all!) and I have to say you’re on great form with your beats too, this one is killer. Good to have you back @monquixote and @Yabba. Everyone’s smashed it!

3 Likes

@looms Thank you man! :beers: I was initially writing that it’s easy when you guys drop such awesome tracks, but that just raises the bar/work :rofl: GOOD WORK, THOUGH. And, it will always be a joy to be around and build together with! :muscle:

2 Likes

Thanks @aarb420 for holding this nice remix challenge.
Thanks all for the jams.

4 Likes

Lovely work everyone.
Thanks for hosting and I’m hoping to participate in the next one.

3 Likes

@electricthing @monquixote Thank you guys this challenge wouldn’t ever be anything without the combined effort that you all share with us :muscle:

You guys are now making me really overthink this next weeks sample! :rofl: :beers:

4 Likes

kind of late, but still. For the record:

4 Likes

@Leonsarmiento that’s an awesome funky groove man! There are so many parts that sound like they would fit amazingly for a show theme in there and really enjoyed that intro section :muscle: glad that you were able to make it, and thanks for sharing man! :beers:

2 Likes

Mad skills!

2 Likes

haha… i always have mail envelopes for writing notes on my desk as well!

1 Like

@JOB can’t let a perfectly good piece of paper go to waste :older_man: :beers:

1 Like