Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 14 | Stanley Clarke - Journey to Love

nice

Will get on this asap, nice pick @aarb420 !

3 Likes

11 Likes

Nice one!

2 Likes

Just goes to show, you’re never too old to rap about public safety.
I’m shocked. Who Sampled doesn’t have any one having sampled this. I surly though at least some Chicago house producers would have laid it down.

2 Likes

Going in order with responses

@malus_mons NO WAY! :exploding_head: It’s hard not to miss those early 90s complete polar opposite style experiments. Pee-Wee’s bike was the coolest thing for me back then, and I’m hearing that long forgotten laugh in my head so hard now. I remember a company started manufacturing the same bikes, but I had outgrown his program at that time and I was jealous of the generation under me that got to enjoy them in their glory :rofl:

@Yabba Man, DOPE! Getting glimpses of “Too Complex” with those bells on the track, and wish that acapella existed to send it over to you for a flip! Well done! :beers:

@looms @natehorn Glad you guys like the sample! Looking forward to hear the heat coming from your respective kitchens :man_cook:

@BLKrbbt Regulators, mount up! :muscle:

@proskynesis Awesome funk man! The main groove you put together is giving off Electric Avenue vibes! :beers:

@jdaddyaz Think that record is from the old Ameoba Records in Hollywood, and came in at a whopping 50 cents in mint condition :smirk: I couldn’t find much on her either, but Rappin’ Granny is the lady on the right side of the screen in this scene from the revered and exemplary film, “Don’t Be a Menace…”

5 Likes

Nice sample, and awesome work already on this those that have posted.

I’m away this week-but have my mobile with me and bought the 404 along so i’ll see what I can throw together!

4 Likes

@Clarke_111 NOICE :muscle: Glad you like it!

8 Likes

@BLKrbbt This is really PHAT! Awesome beat man you really went in on this track, it’s pure energy, and it’s really fresh! :beers:

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
out of likes for a few hours IOU

2 Likes

It was really just a warm up…

Thank you for the kind words.

2 Likes

Stupid mondays… I make techno at work. Too messy?
edit no.2

6 Likes

I think you can call it day at work because that is HARD BEAT! I would love to hear this at a show the energy is massive on this :beers:

1 Like

Thank you! Played my first proper soloshow last sunday morning and is a little obsessed to do it again and harder. Thanks for these battles and kind words. Very inspiring!

3 Likes

That’s awesome man congratulations on a big move! :muscle: Happy for you and glad that you’re getting something out of these challenges man, this whole thing is so that we can all build together while having fun!

Wish we were all closer to have hangouts/ support each other at shows. Were you able to record your set? I would love to hear it!

By the way forgot to mention in my previous message to you but your song title on the most recent upload is a main sample I’ve been using in my beat haha! :beers: This song has so many parts to sample and I’ve got a few loops going but they have almost no relationship besides the drums lol. It feels like having different sections for a few separate beats atm :rofl:

1 Like

9 Likes

@1-2 Wow man the way you made this feels like a full on band is playing out this track (feels like listening to a funkier Steely Dan!). It’s such a solid groove, and is that Stanley Clarke speaking over his own samples? :fire: That transition at 3:02 is ridiculously funky, awesome work man! :beers:

1 Like

No didnt record. Planned to but couldnt find that damn cam connection kit cable to the iphone. And noone filmed it either but I choose to think they where busy dancing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here is my track - I’m away with just the SP404mk2 so this is all 404 with the sample from my phone - feels appropriate though given social media keeps telling me it’s 404 day!

2nd attempt at one of these challenges!

7 Likes

@Clarke_111 Dope “Doo doo doo’s” and props that you squeezed out of the vocals. Also, neat tricks there in the middle section! Wishing you more lovely moments away with your babe :beers:

1 Like

Heres a small shot in the dark.

5 Likes