Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 10 | Ashford & Simpson - So So Satisfied

@natehorn thanks man and also :beers: for sharing the sauces!

@looms Drums are nuts man, and those little floating hits around the drums sounds like a potion is being created in a lab, itā€™s dope! Thanks for sharing another neat tool, too! :beers:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Nice, just gave stem roller a go and it did a great job of chopping the bits out.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a wrap man thatā€™s the banger! :muscle:

I swear this is meant for everyone and @proskynesis just pushed it even further just now while listening, but every single jam everyone adds up here feels really good listening to after a hard days work and especially while drinking jams. You all have a way of hitting the sweet spots, and this feels like a musicianā€™s musician type place to be, and I hope that feeling is mutual :beers:

5 Likes

Yeah indeed, i used koala to pull the vocals out for this challenge! Iā€™ve isolated some really nice basslines in the past this way tooā€¦

5 Likes

Absolutely I love the creativity on display in these challenges - always come away impressed and feeling like I need to step up my game! Itā€™s been really useful for me to get more into working with heavily sampled material and Iā€™m learning from myself as well as others.

Definitely going to check out Stemroller thanks @looms :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Really nice beat, and what is this stem wizardry youā€™re posting!?
O dam I wonā€™t leave the house for a week now I know that exists.

1 Like

Thatā€™s good to know. I bought an iPad, with Drambo, koala, AUM.

Everything.

And Iā€™m not using it at all. Too busy with the 404 and maschine.

I love the usb connection on the sp 404. Ofcourse for power on the go, sampling from youtube, spotify etc. But you can also bounce back and forth between koala and the sp over this one bidirectional digital audio connection. So far proven handy for extracting stems, and reusing samples between projects.

1 Like

Yup! I just plug in my iphone and play stuff from where everā€¦ instant samplesā€¦ youtube, spotify, even Apple musicā€¦

its so easy, its crazy.

3 Likes

Cheers mate. Yeah these stem separation tools open a whole new can of worms. Almost too many possibilities!

Thanks for the kind words on my beat too @aarb420.

Really enjoying hearing everyoneā€™s tracks. Def inspiring how people are using the material in different ways. And proving a great antidote to my usual fear of failure/perfectionism to the point I do nothing and just going with whatever happens in the moment.

To put something together in a few hours, not be too precious about it and share I couldnā€™t imagine doing before and thatā€™s thanks to you good people :beers::beers:

3 Likes

My first ā€œcompletedā€ thing with Elektron Octatrack & Syntakt.
Atmosphere used the most obvious break from this song ages ago, so I decided to do something ummmmā€¦ different.

All samples are from the source track, and everything else is Syntakt.

7 Likes

Awesome!

@wumpushunter thatā€™s a handsome groove! Congrats on a big step forward, and also welcome to the challenge! :beers:

@everyone before I forget with the amount of current challenges that are calling, thank you all for stopping by, and sharing some tasty treats with us, along with some neat tools to help with production! Hope to see all of your friendly prof pics again next weekend with a fresh new sample endeavor, and until then, wishing everyone a lovely week ahead, full of amazing sounds and inspirations :beers:

4 Likes