Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 07 | The Gondwana Orchestra Featuring Dwight Trible - The Creator Has A Master Plan

Nice sounds like boom bap 70s cop drama music, the horns feel a bit Henry Mancini too :+1::muscle:
Can’t see me getting the time to turn something in unfortunately, the fams been keeping me pretty busy it’s all good though I’ve enjoyed listening to everyone’s flips…

2 Likes

Nice beat that was smooth :man_scientist: and your samples all came out super clean on my end! :beers:

1 Like

I like the keys or bells, also the chimes are a nice touch

1 Like

Cheers fellas :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great work! 100% agree with the 70’s cop drama vibes. There’s a sound in here, I think a horn, that I swear was on my Casio keyboard in the 90’s -kind of 8bit style - might just be how it comes through in the mix but I dig that haha

1 Like

Cheers man, the keys and the horn I played on korg gadget on iPad but yeah I agree about the horn sound it has got that retro keyboard thing about it :slightly_smiling_face:
Also there’s one note in that scale that doesn’t sound right when I listen back today

1 Like

Wanted to shoot this off before the celebration starts! Just a quick cut+loop, and I still have to figure out OT’s internal sampler science because this beat spanks much louder on OT

Also Happy New Years everyone, it’s been a blast capping off 2022 and making memories amongst you lovely folk, and hoping for a fantastic 2023 for us all! :beers:

4 Likes

I like rolling beat!

happy new year!

1 Like

I like this one a lot. I like the sloppy chop. I like how you used the piano from that break. It kind of reminded me of how folks would use Synthetic Substitution.

2 Likes

Thanks guys! Tried my best to nod to a DJ premier scratch from his old mixtapes on that one but couldnt layer a sample over it for the life of me 🥸 hope yall are partying lovely over in your parts! :beers:

1 Like

Amazing work everyone!! Impressed with all the entries (as always) and good to have so many people on this one - we’ll be back in a week with something new from @aarb420 - and to help support #jamuary I think it might even be worth throwing in a couple of surprise bonus rounds :shushing_face:

Have a great new year everyone!!

Oh and @aarb420 that’s a sick beat, love the sloppiness too and some real nice nuggets in there to get your teeth into!! Love the vinyl stops.

1 Like

Better late than never I thought I’d give this track a go as it looked like it would be fun to sample.

First track with Serato and the Launchpad Pro MKIII

Some sloppy unquantised goodness.

3 Likes

That was a fun groove man, and you got me all charged up over here! :beers:

1 Like

Absolutely never too late to get a jam in.

Love what you did with it!

1 Like

Thanks chap.

It was a great track to play with, loads of great chops.
I was limiting myself to what I could get done in a couple of hours, but there was a ton of good stuff.

1 Like