AH update broke OB connection

I didn’t wait patiently for the update and i won’t wait patiently for this issue to be resolved haha.

Glad i’m not alone… but sorry also to hear your in the same boat.

I found the start up menu. It is by holding down “active” whilst powering on. I then did a factory reset which was instant, leaving the AH on it’s current firmware… BUT DELETING MY PRESETS. Nice little bonus for the evening! :slight_smile:

1 Like

ouch !! :tired_face:

Startup menu access is a nice found @Retouch.
But since it’s not in the manual (is it?) I’ll leave it in the oblivion for now…

It’s very possibly going back.

Exactly the same for me:(

I also had to manually re-boot it.
Then when opening the plug-in, the editor came up with something like,
"The OS is not up to date. "…

I found the start up menu through the “read me” pdf in the update folder.

2 Likes

And how do you access that?

Allright… I will wait before updating, got some live shows coming, cant miss the heat now…

Good luck to the others, hope all will solve soon…

I’m gonna wait too ! Thank you for the feedback.

Just to be clear, we are talking about OS 1.02 here, correct?

Yeah

1 Like

Switch on while pressing ACTIVE button

2 Likes

No fun to hear after the fact but when upgrading firmware on any hardware it is good practice to do a back-up data dump beforehand.

Hopefully your mistake will help others :zonked:

Upgraded to 1.02 without issues here… :slight_smile:

1 Like
  • 1 :slight_smile:
1 Like

we need more information on why this affects some but not others

I am waiting for a HQ report

OS Upgrade went without a hitch for me, sorry to hear that.

Units are not exactly bricked. They seem to be working fine as long as they are not communicating via USB to an Overbridge host. At the moment, Mac computers running 10.9 or older Xeon/Core2Duo processors seem to be affected. We are looking into the matter more by gathering more user data.

If you are having issues with your computer, try running the Heat in USB-MIDI only mode for now.

On the whole, very few seem to be affected according to our statistics.
(But we are treating this issue as severe of course)

And please, make sure to contact us via our support system.

5 Likes

I have not seen any options with AH to make a backup ? Where is the sysex dump option ? Even not in 1.02

Hi Simon

Is it officialy recommended to avoid the update till there’s a fix or just give it a go ?! In other words, are the issues potentially fatal…

Thanks