AH update broke OB connection

• 1 :slight_smile:
1 Like

we need more information on why this affects some but not others

I am waiting for a HQ report

OS Upgrade went without a hitch for me, sorry to hear that.

Units are not exactly bricked. They seem to be working fine as long as they are not communicating via USB to an Overbridge host. At the moment, Mac computers running 10.9 or older Xeon/Core2Duo processors seem to be affected. We are looking into the matter more by gathering more user data.

If you are having issues with your computer, try running the Heat in USB-MIDI only mode for now.

On the whole, very few seem to be affected according to our statistics.
(But we are treating this issue as severe of course)

And please, make sure to contact us via our support system.

5 Likes

I have not seen any options with AH to make a backup ? Where is the sysex dump option ? Even not in 1.02

Hi Simon

Is it officialy recommended to avoid the update till thereā€™s a fix or just give it a go ?! In other words, are the issues potentially fatalā€¦

Thanks

@PlayRecords No, these issues are not fatal. If you run into the exception error, disconnect the USB cable and put the Heat into USB MIDI only mode.

4 Likes

Does this imply that if i update to a more recent version of OSX, the issue will resolve itself?

I would never update to another OS only to update a machineā€¦if I am all fine with OSX 10.8.5 (my case)ā€¦I would probably search for a friendā€™s computer to update my AH unit.

An I really prefer HQ finds a solutionā€¦I feel bad if they got Sierra compatibility and older OS will suffer of thisā€¦

Iā€™m on Mavericks, which most definitely should have been fully supported. Most serious computer music heads are unlikely to be running the most recent OSX. Keeping up to date with Apple is generally a schoolboy error, where music software is concerned.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update @Ess :thumbsup:

Wow, looking at the manual (Iā€™m at work and canā€™t confirm right now) I think youā€™re correct about no sysex backup. I just assumed youā€™d be able to do it. My apologies to @Retouch

1 Like

@Retouch @sicijk No, OS X Mavericks is not the issue in this case.

I have been troubleshooting this all day, and even went as far as to downgrade a Macbook we have here at the office to 10.9 - turns out it ran Overbridge and Heat as a soundcard without any issues. I managed to find a Core 2 Duo iMac to test with as well - worked fine.

This seems to be unrelated to your computer or operating system so far.

I would say: yes, please update your Heat - whether it works or not for you is extremely important information to us. It will not harm your Heat, and a downgrade is not necessary.

This has been a very busy day - weā€™re all working very hard at solving this. (Although it looks like the majority of Heat owners are not having issues.)

7 Likes

Thanks for your hard work day, guys !!

I know we are a small number involved in this issue, so major thanks !

Hopefully another sunrise will shine on a solutiion

2 Likes

A point of note for anyone doing any updating

Back up first : read the instructions : read them again : take your time : keep it simple

1 Like

For Sureā€¦only that I do not know how to backup AHā€™s presetsā€¦:flushed:

1 Like

Hi

The last update now totally ruined both my AR & AH.
As soon as I drag AR into the arrangement (Studio One) it crash to desktop.
It worked perfectly well before the update.

Logic X a bit more stable but it behaves weird.

I canĀ“ bring AH into the production whatsoeverā€¦

patiently yours
Tomas

I can confirm that the AH seems to behave fine as long as USB remains unconnected, or in USB midi mode.

Lolā€¦ Iā€™m sorry but Overbridge makes me laugh so hardā€¦:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: