AH update broke OB connection

Updated to the new AH OS and i got this message when rebooting:

EXCEPTION R0015 SSP: 4 VEC: 04 FS: 0 SR: 2400 ADDR: 06000600

Switched on and off and now the screen is all mangled. Unable to do anything.

Can you do a power cycle whilst holding [Function] ?

Is there a Function key on the AH? Maybe try Settings?

1 Like

Not seeing a function button

AH manual says nothing about an early startup menu…

likely the bootloader got fucked or something, pretty sure you’ll have to send it in @Retouch .

I don’t have one. But all other Elektrons have a startup menu accessed by holding Function when powering on… so maybe another key will do that and allow you to do a factory reset?

Thats assuming that you can get into it, you’ve either got a memory error, flash write error or an issue with the firmware.

I don’t know, just uneducated guesswork… contact support for the best advise honestly.

Sorry :frowning:

Edit: What @void said.

I can get past the start up screen now, so anyone that knows how to access the start up menu… Please let me know.

If this thing goes back to elektron, it will be money that’s sent back at this point.

It happened to me either. It doesn’t happen with USB mode in Midi only,. It does in OB mode.
Sometimes though It doesn’t stuck, but the input meter always go at maximum…with no signal getting in.

I got that exception error, plus some more funky disrupted pixelations…
More weirdos too (related to plugin that doesn’t pass audio while on).

Already created a support ticket with several videos showing this freaky situation…

First time I did the upgrade, C6 saw AH called as Analog Four (in Config page).
Once the upgrade process finished the unit didn’t reboot by itself, instead asked me to do it manually (first time ever for me with Elektron machine…).
So I thought this would have been the cause. Redone the upgrade…this time AH was seen as Analog Heat by C6 and the reboot happened automatically at the end of upgrade process…but the strange behaviors while in OB mode still there…

Patiently I (We) waited for this update…patiently I’ll wait for news and solutions from HQ.

1 Like

I didn’t wait patiently for the update and i won’t wait patiently for this issue to be resolved haha.

Glad i’m not alone… but sorry also to hear your in the same boat.

I found the start up menu. It is by holding down “active” whilst powering on. I then did a factory reset which was instant, leaving the AH on it’s current firmware… BUT DELETING MY PRESETS. Nice little bonus for the evening! :slight_smile:

1 Like

ouch !! :tired_face:

Startup menu access is a nice found @Retouch.
But since it’s not in the manual (is it?) I’ll leave it in the oblivion for now…

It’s very possibly going back.

Exactly the same for me:(

I also had to manually re-boot it.
Then when opening the plug-in, the editor came up with something like,
"The OS is not up to date. "…

I found the start up menu through the “read me” pdf in the update folder.

2 Likes

And how do you access that?

Allright… I will wait before updating, got some live shows coming, cant miss the heat now…

Good luck to the others, hope all will solve soon…

I’m gonna wait too ! Thank you for the feedback.

Just to be clear, we are talking about OS 1.02 here, correct?

Yeah

1 Like

Switch on while pressing ACTIVE button

2 Likes

No fun to hear after the fact but when upgrading firmware on any hardware it is good practice to do a back-up data dump beforehand.

Hopefully your mistake will help others :zonked:

Upgraded to 1.02 without issues here… :slight_smile:

1 Like