Best use of Rytm ive seen so far... VSnares

The tempo light is blinking… doesn’t that mean it’s running?

My thoughts were that it could have been in grid mode with one empty channel selected… but if that were the case we would see the steps light up from 1-16 over and over which we don’t.

It’s true that he often uses a broken MD just as a trigger sequencer. Perhaps it’s simply being used as a master clock.

the tempo blinks even when the sequence is not running. just like all the other elektron machines.

elektrons cant send master clock when the sequence isnt running

I’m looking at 3 that are doing that right now.

hmm

Aaron Funk often uses an old, non-working (makes no sound but still sends midi) Machine Drum to sequence too, by the way. He mentioned it in an interview at one point, and I saw it in the bottom corner of a video he did to tease his Traditional Synthesizer Music album about a year ago. That may be it. Then again, Aaron makes it his personal mission to push any gear well beyond that of anything we “mere mortals” would come up with

Lanois and Funk are both Canadian. That must be the connection between the two

1 Like

Seems like there’s an album from the duo coming soon: https://venetiansnares.bandcamp.com/album/venetian-snares-x-daniel-lanois

Edit: listening to the album now and it sounds both pleasant and fractured…

Where are you listening to the album, I’ve only seen a single track for prelistening?

Advance promo :wink:

Edit: some live dates too:

Live Shows:

29/04/2018 donaufestival
Krems, AT

03/05/2018 Funkhaus
Berlin, DE

04/05/2018 Village Underground
London, UK

14/06/2018 (le) Poisson Rouge,
New York City US

1 Like

Always surprises me the difference in energy level between electronic music and those who perform it. This video is the first time I’ve seen VS perform. I’ve listened to a lot of his stuff on Spotify however. I just had this mental image of a frantic, mad scientist, high energy musician performing. So to see a chill dude is always confusing to my brain at first.

Kinda the same with electronic music in the 90s. I had lots of CDs but rarely ever saw the person or duo performing the music, so I assumed that it was like a huge party when they were making music. So to see them in a video kinda chill and turning knobs here and there just feels weird to me. I guess I expected them all to be high energy with lots of people performing, like Lords of Acid.

Not dissing any of them - they are incredibly talented - it’s just odd visually for my brain given what the music sounds like. I guess an analogy would be punk or heavy metal: high energy music but the musicians’ energy level is often the same as the music.

1 Like

Grrrrrrr!
I’ll have to wait until May then! I ordered the CD to get the bonus stuff too…

I must admit I only care for VS here, not heard anything I like from DL so hopefully it will be collaboration that I can stomach!

I’d say after a first listen through the whole thing that it’s an interesting collaboration, not far off the atmosphere found on the Rossz Csillag Alatt Született LP, which featured strings among the breakcore. It’s not an entirely obvious or smooth collaboration, but VS rarely does the expected.

1 Like

Well if it is up to the standard of RCAS then I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.
The track for streaming now has some classic VS moves and sounds, over what I presume to be the ambient textures of DL.

Anyways thanks for the info!

1 Like

Does someone know if he used a Monomachine on Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding?
I know he used to have a Mono and I don’t have an idea of where he used it, But everytime I listen to this record it screams MnM for me…

1 Like

Yeah I have the same feeling. I think he used the mono and the machinedrum on that record. It sounds like crazy digitalsynthesis atleast. And it was around the time those two beasts came out.

2 Likes

Just have to chip in here and say that is easily, easily, by far and away one of the greatest albums I have ever heard!
I love it! :exploding_head:

5 Likes

Me too! I even prefer it over the hungarian one.

1 Like

Now I know what I will listen to tomorrow

1 Like

Totally!!
It sounds so fresh, 0 nostalgia, 100% futurism, sounds as if it was released tomorrow :star_struck:

3 Likes

It´s one of those albums I always put on any device I use to listen to music.

2 Likes