Best synth to pair with Digitakt? If you only had one

Fx too!

No problem to p-lock program change on both minitaur and AS-1. It’s immĂ©diate.

1 Like

what is the synth on lower right?

Oh it’s not a synth, it’s the Korg Nanokey studio - a tiny battery powered controller keyboard with Bluetooth midi

Thanks. I’m not familiar with all the stuff out there, and more coming out everyday.

Buy a Roland Mc-101 to replace your digitakt.

There I said it! Lol

What did you end up getting?

A lot was added to my setup since I posted this but I’m very happy with the outcome.

• I moved away from the idea MIDI cc is important for me.

Initially I started with:
DT
DN
Then I added:
A4mk1 - this is what I got instead of the quoted monos
Nord Rack2x
Behringer Pro One
Oberheim Matrix 1000 + Stereoping

I’m very happy with my setup now. Running everything in a hybrid setup with a DAW all time synced via the elektrons running overbridge.

2 Likes

Only 1, says the tittle. :content:
I think the only one would be the MicroMonsta 2, coming in about weeks.

My setup
Elektrons : OT/A4/DT/DN
Pulse 2
MicroMonsta 2 (sure to buy it)
RC505
QY100
MPC500
HX STOMP
Perform VE

Sold Blofeld, MicroMonsta 1 (to fund DN, planning MM2 anyway), Tetra, Virus TI Desktop, MS10, SE1, Miniak, CS1X, most of Roland MCs

Right now, my entire (usable) setup consists of a Digitakt and a Typhon. I have to say it’s not a bad combo at all. My other gear is packed up right now, but I kept these out to keep me busy. Hopefully they’ll get that next MIDI sync patch out for the Typhon shortly, as that would make the pair even better. Right now I’m either sequencing the Typhon with the DT, or just sampling sounds off of it. Still a ton of fun.

2 Likes

You should definitely consider Toraiz AS-1, especially if you liked Pro-1 sounds.

It’s on my wishlist too. Warm sounds and good midi implementation.

Listening to Typhon and As1 from the same guy I much prefer the Typhon. Didn’t gel with Tetra, I guess DSI is just not for me.

Read through the first 61 posts of this thread wondering why no one had suggested the digitone, then realized I was reading posts from 2017. Facepalm.

I am very curious about the new micromonsta. I’ve been considering a new poly and despite it’s size, it looks like it’s very straightforward and fairly powerful (going by the mk 1 design). Looks like it would be perfect to pair with a DN, actually.

5 Likes

Maybe because it’s too obvious? :content:

12 voices, bi-timbral, fm filter, fm - able oscs are the most interesting new possibilities imho.
Made to be even simpler than the MM1, which is very ergonomic, easy to program, with lots of possibilities.

1 Like

Bass Station 2

Digitone.
Duh.

5 Likes

Just got mine a couple of weeks ago: BEAST
Never played a Pro-1 but one voice of this quality with warm and rich analog tones is great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Octatrack, because I love it, and you should too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes, it appeals to me as a sort of poor man’s rev2. Bi-timbral poly, obviously not analog, but lower cost and smaller footprint.

2 Likes

I just did. Perfect match, workflow similair, what the digitakt lacks the digitone fills in and vice versa especially if keep DT master and you assign the 4 miditracks of the DT for muting DN and assing modulation wheel, aftertouch and breathcontrol CC’s. Transpose the key’s of the digitakt one octavedown and you’re in front of a 2 octave keyboard to play the DN! No need for a mixer either, slave a ipad to Digitakt via USB and all 3 devices could be monitored thru Digitone master out. Freakin brilliant

7 Likes