Best synth to pair with Digitakt? If you only had one

Make the most of that comb filter - God I miss my Blofeld for that reason alone. I know it’s digital, but whatever - there aren’t enough hardware based comb filter implementations in the world - give it some love!!!

After only a couple of days with my A4 MK2 I can now understand why so many choose it as their “desert island” synth.

I’m really impressed. Not only does it sound fantastic, but it has a huge sonic palette which I didn’t expect. Huge variety of sounds. It’s such a flexible instrument with tons of features under the hood, and I’m just scratching the surface. You definitely get a lot of bang for your buck.

A4 + DT = all you need really. Infinite possibilities, very fun combo. I’m really, really happy! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Since this Namm Show…A4 or Digitone. !-)

I have A4 mk2
It is amazing
But I dont need So much
Thats Why I will go to digitone

Hell yeah +1 to Digitone, it’s on my list :slight_smile:

Words to wiggle muffs by. A big part of that ebb and flow for me, is obsessively recording everything I do with a new synth; that’s when romance and naivete are at the peak excursion of that particular wave.

DN is DT’s #1 BFF now :two_men_holding_hands:

2 Likes

I’m really not a fan of the sound of the Digitone. Sure it is possible to create great patches, and I do love some (not many) of the presets. But the overall sound of fm, and all the bits in between the perfect patches, I can do without. I really wish it were virtual analogue, kind of like a Blofeld but with Elektron’s sequencer etc.

Hey there, is there anybody whos using digitakt with bass station 2 and would be so kind to answer few of my questions?? thank you

I don’t own a bs but what do you want to know?

a few things regarding midi cc…for ex…i read in midi sheet that some ccs are not a flat number but this 50:25(example), and some messages are not cc but nrps…im a bit confused about this im new to midi seq with hardware ty

I just ordered a Blofeld to pair with it, but I will probably give in and buy a Digitone at some point as well…

I will never get what does question are good for. It’s like asking what singer fits best to a guitar…

… of course it’s the Virus ti2, your should know that :wink:

Blofeld is always a good choice. If you get the unit and it works perfect, don’t do a update! I had to downgrade mine because the update to V.1.24 can bring some bugs on older units. Blofeld has pretty cool FM functions on all three oscillators including filter fm!

2 Likes

i think its more like what singer fits well with another singer. as one would probably be looking for another singer to fill the range that the first singer does not have. I believe for most people that this is the case here, what synth fills in for what the digitakt doesn’t do. in this case if one is looking for polyphony the virus and the blofeld are great choices and likely compliment the digitakt well.

Yeah absolutely. But even in the theoretical question which singer fit to singer X, it’s still the question what someone wants to achieve. Genre and personal preference can be totally different. It would be easier if it was a question like, which synth completes synth X. But a Digitakt can play all kind of samples…
Still interesting to read some of the „answers“ :slight_smile:

1 Like

I and some of the other elektronauts posted a few tips and tricks in a Blofeld specific thread on this forum. Here is the link:

It became a very nice collection of knowledge about anything that’s Blofeld related. Really interesting for every Blofeld user! (Or should I call them members of Spectre?..just a James Bond reference;) )

There are even infos about the creation and import of wavetables.

Sorry for being off-topic!

nice! thanks so much for sharing. I’m sure I’m going to have lots to learn when it shows up

1 Like

There’s a pretty juicy one in the Korg Radias as well.

For me, the best synth to pair with the DT is the Korg Minilogue. Not only because of his great sound, mostly because of his amazing polyphonic step sequencer. You can set a grid resolution of 1 bar per step. This means you can easily build slow chord progressions over 16 bars - it’s the perfect partner synth for the DT :metal:

4 Likes