Best solo Elektron machine for techno ambient deep bass

Fck…
Some nice words!
Thanks!!

@Ryan. No not primarily looking for bass. But I’d like it when I want it.

Only 2 octaves in chromatic mode for OT. Some workarounds.

You can use sampling, resampling, realtime sampling to make a lot of kind of sounds from nothing, like sampling empty inputs (noise) or its metronome.

Metronome sample only, all sounds made with it :

AR is simpler than A4 or OT, and very efficient.

8 Likes

Using AR for bass sounds here, prefer A4 for drums sounds & stabs.

2 Likes

No doubt

2 Likes

That was extraordinary. Thanks for posting it. Must have taken some serious effort to put it together.

1 Like

Thanks. :slight_smile:
Serious efforts to try to master Octatrack before, but not that much for this, just pleasure. :content:
One bar pattern impro with midi loopback, random arp and crossfader.

I’ve gotten one of these…a youngish A4.
My heart was going towards the OT, MD or MM (still is!) but this came up VERY reasonably priced so thought I’d give it a run out.
After a couple of nights getting into a very basic workflow I’m liking it. Playing with the FX , simple sequences etc.
But sampling is a pull for me but I’m happy with this for the time being to get used to the Elektron workflow

4 Likes

Like you, I started with the DT. Sold it a couple months after getting my OT mkii. Maybe 4-5 months later I added an A4mkii and am very happy. This year I added a 10U 104HP eurorack system and still the OT runs the show. A4 still does the majority of kick/snare/hat and my eurorack drum modules are more for random percussion.
For me, the OT/A4 combo is tough to beat.

1 Like

[Out of topic] A4 CV complex envelopes and LFOs are awesome, you should check this! :slight_smile:
[/Out of topic]

@sumsoma I think this is a very good choice.
Beware, A4 requires some dedication, but with time you’ll see the depth of this amazing synth!
Don’t hesitate to search on this forum if you’re having some lower enjoyment, plenty of ressources here !

3 Likes

Yes… the drums…percussion… I think once I’ve gotten round to using these laying them down and mangling them I’ll be a lot happy
Thanks

Yes once again. I’m a complete novice with the machine. Yet I’ve heard a lot of positive vibes re techno workability.
Thanks again!

And the four tracks. Guess that’s why it’s called an Analog Four!!! It didn’t register until I’d bought it that this was its capacity… but as early comments say it’s nice to work with a basic foundation…
What amazing music has been made using four track??!!!

1 Like

2 Likes

Monomachine. FM machines. Done.

Monomachine

A4 Mk2 was a good choice! The A4 is so versatile, don’t forget to program some drums!
It really does amazing drums :blush:

Oh, and make sure to read the manual. :slight_smile:

+1

Many elektron boxes tick the proposed boxes but my pref would be on the AR. In fact they re my main use for it. I m more rhythm and fx oriented than synths/keyboards and sampling. AR is a great mix of analog drums and mono synths, and digital sampling. I produce complete noise/ambient/idm techno tracks on it.

1 Like

Well it wasn’t the machine I had my heart set on, my heart was set on the OT MKII, or the MD MKII UW or MM…, but having spent about a week and many hours fiddling, and a few minutes thinking this is rubbish (my sonic creations) , I think I’m going to take it of the For Sale listings and keep on with this A4…mkii.
I’m getting my head round how to get some drum sounds out of this that are what I’m wanting. And of course the synth engine is GORGEOUS for that Mika Vainio|Pan Sonic soundscape…etc

I’ve even ordered a dustcover so it must be love…

I may and hopefully will get to use the machines I’ve fancied but for now the A4 (mkii…) has nicely gotten a hold of me

2 Likes