Best place to potentially procure a DK? From Australia

Will it help with waiting times and lower prices this is the question.

1 Like

Probably not unless they can somehow overcome the tyranny of distance and exchange rates :wink:

Yeah I doubt it. StoreDJ seems to have the best prices for most gear from overseas, so I doubt anywhere else is going to be cheaperā€¦

Thereā€™s been some odd pricing going on at Store DJ lately. OT was $1,699 for quite a while after XMas but then $1,899 and now $2,099. Toraiz SP-16 was $2,299, the regular 20% off all Pioneer discount got it down to $1,839 but now its $1,799. MPC X started off at $2,499 but it jumped to $2,899. Its a bit of a lucky dip with prices.

Does innovative music supply StoreDJ?

www.thomann.de

I pre-ordered from Store DJ a few weeks ago, was told they were expecting delivery mid-May. I reckon itā€™ll be more like mid-June by the time I get it going by some of the other threads on here

2 Likes

I reckon you are right sadly :sob:

ordered mine from store dj yday ā€“ probably miss out on the first batch.

Store DJ called me today - their ETA for receipt of the first batch is early/mid-June, delivery to customers in mid-June.

There is an online company called ā€œaudiobuyā€ advertising digitakts for $960. Anyone heard of his company?

Noticed them last monthā€¦ was reading their fine print and got some impression they ordered from overseas, so wondered about warranty issues, and wait periods. Tried calling them but it went to their message bank on a Thurs afternoon. Left voice mail but they never called back. Also observed they still claim to stock the machinedrum and monomachine. Current verdict - not convinced.

Audiobuy has been around for a long time ā€¦ the store dj guys never price match bc they say they black import or sth like that, thereby voiding warranty. I reckon they look right dodgy! anyone hear any updates from the Aus suppliers? (I havenā€™t in the last 10 days or so) ā€¦ twiddling thumbs ā€¦

Iā€™m not quite ready to punish Store DJ with an email asking for an update, but Iā€™m getting close :grimacing:

Interesting, I just rang turramurra music, they have 3 coming in next week. One is spoken for, one for demo and maybe o e up for grabs. Iā€™ve done pre order with store Dj so Iā€™ll be waiting until end of month.

Iā€™m in NZ. Just ordered one direct from Elektron. Why not?
(Oh hang on do you guys have different rules about buying stuff online?)

When I spoke to Store DJ a couple of weeks ago they said the date had been revised to ā€œlate Juneā€ for people who are in the first pre-order batch. I was originally told I could pick up on May 10 or shortly after! :sob:

Unfortunately Elektron does not accept direct orders from Australian customers.

Only for the actual hardware, not accessories. Iā€™ve bought the plastic covers directly from the store in the pastā€¦ and itā€™s actually worked out cheaper than going through storedj (~$60 vs. $99).

Yeah sux we are forced to buy locally.
Iā€™m all for supporting local business but not good when we have to wait a month longer AND pay much more. Bought my first Elektron years back direct from Elektron, saved time and money, but not possible now unfortunately