Best place to potentially procure a DK? From Australia

like the title says, i am (possibly inappropriately) hoping to buy a Digitakt sooner rather than later. I’m in Hobart in Tasmania. North of Antarctica.

1 Like

Try Casey?

Awave/Audio Chocolate or Rytm Active

Yeah generally Awave is the easiest as they seem to be the distributors for most stuff in Oz. Just a shame the manager is probably the rudest I’ve ever dealt with. Generally only buy from Awave as a last resort when no one else has any in stock.
Rhythm Active on the contrary probably the best service I’ve had in Oz.
Store DJ are great also, really easy to deal with.
I normally just buy locally from whoever has the best price AND IN STOCK (always check even though website says it’s in stock :rage: )
But as you are probably well aware, depending on the product we generally pay much more here, and cheaper to import from overseas.

Yep store dj all the way, best service, talk with Phil k, the master.
I gave up on awave a long time ago.
Go store dj and get a rental plan and put it into tax return🤗

3 Likes

just emailed re/ next batch of digitakt eta

Who? Awave aka Audio Chocolate?
Are they the Elektron distributors?

emailed storedj out of interest as i haven’t purchased from them before and the price is right. theoretically.

Cool. For ETA may be a good idea to email the distributor also as Store DJ will be only guessing on arrival time I could imagine.
Definitely good idea to purchase from store dj though. Call them and they will shave a bit off the price also :money_mouth:

how does that work? what kind of deduction can you claim on leased music equipment?

i thought so… and personally I had only pleasant interactions with them. Plus the store points for my MNM scored me an Overhub very cheaply.

https://www.soundseasy.com.au are also pretty good and sorry for spamming this thread…

If you use the instrument for work then yes it’s a tax deduction, the same way my leased work van is a tax deduction

Presume that’s what @Orwell means anyway?

I guess that’s the only way it makes sense to me with my limited knowledge of the Australian Tax Code… and now sorry for the OT but @Orwell started it :innocent:

1 Like

i find the concept of money so fascinating on a number of levels

in a totally zen way …

everything is cool now the machinedrum is here

Yeah no need for a Digitakt if you have a machinedrum :elmd:

using 8 tracks as record play machines

2 tracks as Midi Machine 1 to play alternate lines on the korg prophecy

6 tracks for drums …

would be enjoyable for the Digitakt to be part of the equation

oh cool storedj emailed to say mid may

Sounds Easy would be my pick, great guys.

StoreDJ has great prices for elektron gear.

Gotta say though, you might be waiting a while without any realistic ETA. I think they still go through Awave, which was a nightmare when I ordered my monomachine a couple of years ago—I couldn’t get any answers as to how long it’d take, and almost gave up because I didn’t believe I’d actually ever get it lol.

1 Like

i want to buy direct from the online shoppe soooo much lol.