Best place to potentially procure a DK? From Australia

Yeah I’m not sure why they allow for accessories and even replacement parts to be purchased directly, but the actual machines themselves have to be bought from a distributor…

maybe we could make a poll asking who is keen to buy direct

I bought my Analog Keys from Store DJ a few years back during a Black Friday sale.
Got a decent price then. Happy with the service and quick delivery.
I think if you wait for an Aussie retailer it would you might be waiting until the second half of the year. just a hunch

2 Likes

[quote=“mec1, post:23, topic:37920, full:true”]
I bought my Analog Keys from Store DJ a few years back during a Black Friday sale.
Got a decent price then. Happy with the service and quick shipping.[/quote]

True. I bought my monomachine in the black weeks sale as well; I got it for a really good price. The staff there are always friendly but it would have been nice to have had some updates from them rather than just “next week” every week. I did get pretty irrationally angry at that lol… I still shop there but usually only online haha, bit of shame happening there

lol

Yeh what psy said: if you use it for Work it’s tax deductible
Just set up an abn as a sole trader

1 Like

just realised i need to include a Control 8P Machine in the performance/recording template for the Machinedrum … that would mean 5 actual drums per kit … 8 r/play machines, 2 midi machines, 1 ctrl8p machine.

5 drums is cool. if it is the Machinedrum, five drums goes a long way

but yea need to obtain a Digitakt for extra sequencing options in live performance, also they have tricked out the sequencer with realtime options again … next level on from any recent fills and such.

I thought you actually need to make money from the business in order to have an ABN?

Yep, but you can think creatively about it.

my abn got scrubbed as i didn’t make any money lol

not sure why abn numbers are in such scarce supply that they need to reclaim any spare abn’s not currently being used.

It looks like Audiochocolate does not sell Elektron gear anymore, at least I can’t find any Elektron products listed on their website…

Well that’s good news

1 Like

https://www.storedj.com.au/elektron-digitakt-8-voice-drum-machine-and-sampler-w-overbridge

$1000 which is not that bad when you consider that the ot is 2000.
I’ll go and demo the dt when it hits and decide from there.
I should be able to pick one just before tax time🖖

1 Like

$1100

Friend of mine works in a music shop told me AC no longer has the distribution rights for elektron gear, somebody else (can’t remember who) has them now.

+1 for storedj, had nothing but excellent service from them

2 Likes

A bit OT but:

Also worth keeping an eye on their eBay shop - I just bought an AR for less than $2000 (but that included a 5% eBay special). I know that eBay pricing is brutal and if Store DJ wasn’t one of the biggest music stores in Oz I would probably have had some reservations. I even called them beforehand and discussed the price with them but they couldn’t/wouldn’t meet the eBay price.

3 Likes

i bought an OT on sale from either aWave or storedj for 1250 in 2012

1 Like

Thats a nice price, probably when AUD was strong

1 Like

AUD 1 - EUR 0.85 August 2012
AUD 1 - EUR 0.70 today :frowning:

1 Like

Innovative Music is now the Australian distributor.

2 Likes