Best ‘on the couch’ device for sketching ideas?

I understand this feeling but why should we think that about these devices but not an iPad or laptop or even a portable game device? Probably no one else cares.

3 Likes

I have an MPC Live 2 which is great with the speaker, but lately I have taken to the Syntakt with a battery pack (all sits neatly in a little open case)

1 Like

Not at all! My neck kinda hurts after 2hrs though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like a macbook with Reason. The interface is a little strange (the keys are all letters and numbers) but the touch pad under the keyboard lets you control just about everything.

4 Likes

IPad with Gadget is unbeatable. Seriously. Even if you don’t like Gadget’s machines, you can MIDI control other apps like Nave, Sunrizer, or Model D. Endless possibilities.

Edit: Eyeing Circuit Rythm, as it’s like a battery powered Polyend Play that actually samples, at a fraction of the price, what’s not to love about it? :wink:

3 Likes

It’s really not that big IRL, I was actually a little surprised when mine came. It sits quite well over two legs, probably better than my Digitakt which always felt like one side preferred to fall between my legs.

1 Like

Hands down the Synthstrom Deluge. You could write an whole album on it without ever leaving the couch! :wink:

4 Likes

If you have a Nintendo Switch, Korg Gadget is also available on there.

1 Like

For me, the OP1 and OPZ are the kings of sofa jams. The Sonicware Liven series are all good too (and as it happens I’m selling one at the mo :yum:).

My criteria is:

Speaker (for if significant other isn’t around)
Battery powered
Flexible re music styles
Knobs or some tactile interface

1 Like

It’s fun but a lot more limited.

1 Like

The upcoming mpc live mini will probably be ideal for this

1 Like

where did you saw that ? link ?

This has got me digging out my circuit rhythm and going to fill it with samples from mars packs.

Sofa production here I come

3 Likes

While relaxing on the couch I usually practice my mixing skills on a Mackie 32:8 board.

5 Likes

Macbook air m1/m2 :slight_smile:

Can’t beat the lightweight build, long-lasting battery, beautiful screen, and oodles of processing power together with built-in speakers and Bluetooth connectivity. Hard to find this combination in any other device.

4 Likes

It’s a toss up between the SP-404 MKII and Digitone for me.

ಠ_ಠ

1 Like

Another vote for MPC Live 2. It’s everything you need

Oh, wow - I didn’t know that about Gadget. I’ll DEFINITELY have to look into that.

And yeah, Cicruit Rhythm looks pretty cool, too.

1 Like

What sort of battery pack are people using to power their ‘Takt devices?

I’d love for my Digitakt to be more portable!