Best looking Elektrons

I’m a big fan of the Octatrack MK1, the first one, before they made it with that glossy finish.

I have a black MK2, which I still think looks cool, but I really like the MK1 aesthetically.

2 Likes

DN all the way. Form factor and colors make it look so inviting!

3 Likes

Yeah, that textured black looks great and seems much more durable than what they used for the Analogs. Idk, are there Analogs with that “structured black”?

It’s probably a fine instrument, but I think that box looks like an answering machine from the 90s. Or maybe like some kind of machine you would find in a hospital.

1 Like

Especially M:C has this look, imho. Though they remind me more of handheld gaming consoles. Crowd funded retro design consoles. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah but I really like that look about the M:C, find it way more attractive than the digis.

A4 Mk1 all day…

6 Likes

Yeah, those MK1 boxes just look cooler than the MK2 to me, A4, OT, AR. It looks especially nice in a black and white photo.

I vaguely remember seeing a picture of a white A4 MK1 here on the forum somewhere. I’m wondering if they made a white one or if it was an aftermarket modification.

1 Like

That was probably mine, as I’ve had two of them :slight_smile:

One had a Dick Malibu metal faceplate, and the other was a StyleFlip wrap.

1 Like

That’s why I like it

3 Likes

I don’t think Elektron has been able to exceed the MD / MNM device design and box art. The LCD UI seems to have improved substantially with the Mk2 A4/AR and then incrementally with the Digi boxes.

The SFX-6 untouchable:

4 Likes

Best use of color on any Elektron box. Form follows function in that the tracks are the second-most important keys on the unit after FUNC, and they look great as a counterpoint to the matte black.

I wonder what the A4 would look like with that approach…

1 Like

<3

6 Likes

I like the chromed Octatracks someone made:

6 Likes

Rytm MK2 looks great in black the buttons light up very fun!

1 Like

Monomachine all the way

1 Like

Actually the ones that I have

Machinedrum
Octatrack MK2 (Grey)
Digitone

I’m definitely on team Model:Cycles. From the classic grey and blue look to the weird claymation teaser videos.

The new digitakt box art is pretty cool looking, better than both the digitone and syntakt art imo.

1 Like

Overall best looker to me is the MK2 Octa. I know some don’t like it, but I think the clickety-clackety adds to the appeal.

1 Like

OT Mk2 Grey and AR Mk2 Black