TE rich kid design on these Elektron boxes!

:joy: Dope!

17 Likes

Well I’m jealous ha

Years ago you would never see a geezer like this in the London Underground toilets. How times have changed🤪

8 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdvb0oCMj3q

stef_mendesidis

For those who keep asking about my Octatracks look:)
This process is called Vacuum metallizing.
Taking out all the internal electronics, paint stripping, vacuum metallizing and varnishing.
Yes it’s not cheap and takes time and experience to disassemble and assemble them back.
@weareelektron

35 Likes

BAD ASS!
Love me some chrome

1 Like

looks awesome! and I’m sure it wasn’t cheap. fortunately, I would be too put off by the ugly mug staring back at me to make any of my gear have a reflective finish :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

that’s a nice techno set. digging the drums/percussion and minimalism of it. groovy dance tunes.

5 Likes

I feel like a mirror surface would be disorienting depending on the lighting situation. Looks bad ass though.

1 Like

They probably had to sand blast the paint off the casing as well seeing as they supplier for the vacuum plating would never be able to secure that the plating would not peel off.

I love this kind of dedication towards a machine, you have to have a certain kind of love for the machine to spend this type of money on it!

4 Likes

Is this a thread “who is doing cool stuff with two Octatracks”? Or the wrong room? … Thanks

I was thinking about custom paint of my synths, but there is not much space on Virus desktop and even less on Elektrons…

If they were early rev 1s the paint jumps off for you! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hehehehe.

A friend of mine got caught in such a machine, a while ago. Something changed, he’s never been the same anymore…

15 Likes

Nice, also the sound. I wonder what the encoders are or if there are similar available. I would be interested to try out metal or metallike encoders. Also for example tr8 encoders feel better to touch for me than the somehow softer, a bit sticky elektrons. Mostly on dn. Difficult to describe. Ot and a4 mk1 feel a little bit better for me, also to turn.

Shiny and chrome!

4c1

6 Likes

Could it be done with a vinyl / foil wrap?

1 Like

Could it be done with only one OT?

1 Like

The set itself is great. Solid performance.

7 Likes

Agree!

2 Likes

Interesting set indeed! Haven’t seen someone that uses the elektron boxes in a live performance w/o midi connection (except uses one device standalone) in kind of a DJ manner, one can see him syncing the devices by hand at around min. 4

Each OT is like a DJ Deck but with loads of nice things to tweak.

4 Likes