Best looking Elektrons

Which Elektron instrument has the best looks? Which has the most beautiful box / manual art? Which wins in terms of most attractive UI?

Analog Rytm MKII grey wins for me both in terms of the instrument and the box art. The instrument has that beautiful industrial design charme, the size and slight angle is useful and attractive. Even the back with its individual outs somehow looks cool. Don’t know what it is about AR that makes it look cooler than A4, maybe because of its unique pads.

I love the A4 MKII/DN/DT boxes with their one color design (missed opportunity with OT MK II here, should have ditches the “box follows fct button color scheme” here). But the slightly bigger boxes of AR and A4 look best imo, with AR blue winning slightly over A4 for me. Both of them together are even better, same goes for putting both instruments in grey next to each other to form a unit. I prefer grey for both of these. OT MK II somehow looks better in black though.

For UI, I would have to vote for Syntakt going the extra mile and coming up with creative, iconic symbols that also represent what is happening in an intuitive way. DT and DN didn’t go that far, although I love parameters like width and feedback on DN. OT’s bare pixel rawness is also nice, but not that intuitive to read and a bit more barebones.

Don’t know what box art for the oldest machines looked like and would be curious.

2 Likes

Digitone keys box is number one box of all time!
I’ll die on this hill.

4 Likes

Black OTmk2 has my heart… (my own is grey though)

3 Likes

Mk1s and silver boxes get my vote. Idk, it’s something about that industrial design. OT, AR and AK with its joystick look great together.

MD and MM remind me of soviet era space tech and 70s stereos.

6 Likes

the grey MKII’s give me the Soviet vibe. Which I really love.

OT anniversary edition is beautiful

6 Likes

I love how my Digitakt and Syntakt look next to each other. Great build quality and as they age I imagine they’ll look like some dirty sci fi Ridley Scott business. Machinedrum is ace as well.

2 Likes

A4 mk1 and MD mk2

1 Like

A black ARmk2 is very sharp-looking. Mine is grey, and I got it for a song, but I think it looks better in black

1 Like

Model:Cycles

I would definitely take one out to dinner and pay for both of us.

6 Likes

Black A4 mk2 is a beauty.
So is OTÆ.
And the ST.

3 Likes

Black A4 MK2

Machinedrum and Monomachine look cool too (except the buttons …), never have seen one in person, though.

3 Likes

This yeah. Those together would make a beautiful live setup.

1 Like

Best looking box for me is the octatrack anniversary edition

13 Likes

17 Likes

19 Likes

MD
MnM
Digitakt
OT mk2

I have no real experience with the MD / MM era of Elektron, so my affinity is with those after. I sometimes see my OT mk2 like new in new contexts (when I take it out of the studio for example), and it always amazes me how crazy it looks. If I didn’t know anything about electronic instruments I’d think it was some military tech or something. I really love the grey color version. So my pick is OT Mk2. If mine ever dies I’m hanging it on my wall (seriously). To me it’s the legendary Elektron.

5 Likes

For me that would easily be the Monomachine - keyboard version. It looked fantastic.

2 Likes

…u make me remind, it’s time to date my cycles again…
but as always, sure we gonna split the bill…

2 Likes

mKI overlay on the MKII does it for me…
Or the Digitone Keys… sexy beast…

3 Likes