Best Juno 60, Roland SH101, and minimoog plugin

Just get the (free!!!) TAL Juno Chorus which is absolutely brilliant and any synth sounds like a Juno. :smiley: Honestly I use that with almost every plugin and synthesizer when I need a good chorus sound. As well as for my guitar. It is a fantastic chorus.

1 Like

Quoting myself here. Sorry. But, I have since revisited this with a bit more of an experimental mindset. I have demos of both the Model 80, I’ve tried Repro and also the Prophet V. The V sounds a little weaker than the other 2 especially in the bundled presets, although I read now that they modeled theirs on a different Prophet that had a wider cutoff filter (which explains a few things.)

With a bit of tweaking I was able to get somewhere in the region of a similar sound to the Model 80. When I first tried these, it felt like it was night and day, but that was partly my ignorance. When I tried like for like settings it didn’t work - but once I got used to how the two respond to input, it was closer and more evenly matched. There is still an underlying difference there, but it’s closer to the “I can’t tell in a mix” stage once you start messing about with them. And again, I really like Arturia’s tutorials that help you learn the synths as well - it’s a real playground.

I suppose now it becomes more about whether Arturia’s synths are a bit on the weedy side, or whether they just programme them that way in the presets.