Best Juno 60, Roland SH101, and minimoog plugin

live q1 and vst3 I believe

Try with VST2. I found out that in the current Live 12.2.6 the VST3 versions of Softube plugins don’t get their settings saved.

I’ve reported to both companies, please do it as well so they know how many people are affected.

1 Like

thanks for the tips everyone
i just got all the ‘models’ from softube (already had v collection from arturia and TAL-UNO)

I guess I’m good for now :wink:

1 Like

For 101/202, I really like the TAL Bassline-101. Sounds pretty close to my MC-202s, and it’s available for Linux in VST3 and CLAP, so I can use it without relying on yabridge.

Haven’t done a cross comparison but TAL sounds pretty nice and for a long time it got a lot of kudos as a great rendition. They have an IOS app and I like it.

"This is XXX at the Softube Support. Thanks for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear about your issues. There seems to be a bug in the latest version of Ableton (11.2.6)

This is an issue that we are looking into and I just wanted to confirm that I have added your information to our bug-tracking software.

In the meantime, a workaround is to use VST2 or AU, or revert back to 11.1.6.

Thanks a lot for your patience and support!"

2 Likes

man im thinking about getting the Juno from soft tube, its like 37 euros atm…

2 Likes

It sounds amazing

2 Likes

So about the juno from softube (model 84): am i correct that there is no arpeggiator in it, and I can’t edit/disable the chorus background hiss / noise (I know the original had it too).

Thinking about finally getting the Tal Juno plugin (and maybe SH-101 too). Do any of you guys know if Tal ever have their software on sale except for Black Friday?

I have Roland Cloud, TAL, and Softube and I think Softube wins HANDS DOWN.

2 Likes

You are correct. I use the Model 84 with Arturia Juno chorus which doesn’t have the noise, and if I use an arpeggiator, I use the BWIG one.

Re: minimoog plugin, Synapse The Legend is absolutely fantastic and possibly the most accurate recreation of an analog in software to date

1 Like

Generally agreed. Modular sounds great but workflow is terrible.

1 Like

Interesting, although I’ve obviously heard good things about Softube as well. Might still take a look at that one as well. Is your take purely based on the sound or also on workflow etc.?

So far, the models are very simple synths, so the workflow is fine and to be expected of such architectures, but they are feature limited compared to all alternatives. It’s the sound - to me, they simply sound the best. Functionality, the alternatives are more fully featured. The models are basic.

1 Like

UAD Minimoog sounds best to me, but the functionality is weird

Trying these out as I suddenly have an obsession with simple analogue synth emulations. I’m enjoying some of the ones on offer as they are essentially easy to and fast to get to a point with. Compared to Diva which is tweakable (but you can also go wrong with) - 2/3 of these can give you some nice flavours to work in and out of your tracks.

Take this with a pinch, but I think of the ones I’ve tried, Arturia is very hit & miss. My hunch there is when you’re making so many synths, you want Analog Lab to let you quickly get a vibe with whichever synth it is that fits that, vs actually choosing 2-3 that work for your workflow. Softube, meantime is all hit and Uhe is in the same ballpark. If you compare the sound of the Prophets for example; the Arturia ones seem thinner than the others. I’m not an expert sound designer by any means, but i noticed the cutoff filter is set in a different place on the Arturia. But this does come at the cost that you lose the noticable rumble and low end that you can dial in on the other two.

I love the Arturia GUI with all the tutorials, Softube has a real sweet spot by nailing the pure emulation vibe with an amazing GUI too, and uhe is the workhorse. uhe has other advantages, in that it’s more tweakable (abilities that extend on the original synths in a way that gels with what the original did) it’s quite popular so there are lots of presets from Prophet enthusiasts if you like that sort of thing (you could easily copy the patches from the Model 80 if you wanted). And if you’re in the NI ecosystem, it works out of the gate with Komplete Kontrol (though the Arturia does too - just not Softube.)

You could have a very good time with either a combination Diva & Repro or Model 74, 80 & 84. Or maybe Diva (as a general do-it-all emulator that doesn’t quite emulate anything specific) and then the 70,80 & 84 for when you just want that feel.

What setups are you all running for a handful of decent emulations?

1 Like

Heads up - softube have a sale on their ‘model’ series
Details in the software sale thread

1 Like

Never had a model D, I can vouch for the Moog sound with my voyager and the Model 72 has a great Moog sound. Use a mouse or trackball there’s a lot of sweet spots to this plug-in just like a mono analog synth.